Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ETL Developer IV
at AMC Theatres
ETL Developer IV
- Enterprise data Delivery: Execution of the custom ETL/data engineering for Custom EDW, MDM, data integrations, advanced analytics and Oracle Financials & Human Resources data delivery.
- Technical Domain Program Management: Data Integration relating to architecture, standards, design, and processes to insure enterprise delivery and standardization of all ETL related development.
- External Partner Relationships: Establish, maintain, and optimize relationships with resource and technology vendors and partners, aligning the overall utilization of their resources optimally to provide best total cost of ownership and return on investment. Program in place to ease transition and ramp-up period, measure performance of resources, and quickly reacting to optimize as needed.
- Project Planning and Management: Includes direct supervision of assigned project resources (lead business/technical analysts, developers, testers, etc.), as well as coordinating the activities of supporting team members (Enterprise Services Teams, Partners and External Vendors).
- Research and Development: Work with partners and the business to continually research and develop both technical and business knowledge, leveraging research with the business to understand and become leaders in any space innovation can lead to an increased and optimized delivery model.
Knowledge, Skills & Ability:
- Minimum 7+ years of hands on experience with IBM InfoSphere DataStage Enterprise Parallel Edition. (Version 11.5 or above).
- Strong knowledge of Datastage parallel frame work, Partitioning, Parameters/Sets and best practices for optimized coding.
- 3+ years of experience in handling large XML files using XML stages/Pack to read and create XML files on a real time and batch processing mode.
- 5+ Years of Experience on SQL against relational databases preferably with MS SQL Server 2008 and above. Must be able to understand complex SQL queries and transform into optimized ETL Coding.
- 8+ years of demonstrated knowledge in Data warehousing concepts, architectures, design and dimensional modelling.
- Proven understanding of Hadoop Ecosystem
- Working knowledge of Hadoop components like HDFS, Hive, Pig, Sqoop, Hbase, Spark, Oozie, Python and Impala.
- 5+ years in UNIX scripting, understanding of FTP standards/process and basic network principles.
- 5+ years of automation experience using scheduling software.
- Ability to interpret DataModel & mapping document, understand technical requirements, prepares Technical Design Document, Design/develop ETL Code, create unit test cases/data, perform unit testing and solves defects in a timely manner.
- Supports for a successful project implementation and resolves production issues during project warranty and any future maintenance support.
- Effectively communicate Oral & Written. Work across teams within and outside of IT including DAs, DBAs, QAs, PM and Business Users as necessary.
- Under minimal supervision, takes ownership and responsibility on the assigned tasks and strive for completion within the timeline.
- Must be a quick learner to adapt to Enterprise standards, best practices and critical processes.
- IIS QualityStage is an advantage. .
- IBM Information Services Director is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Netezza is a plus
- Project Management Expertise: Experience and working knowledge of “best practices” in developing and leading/managing projects to create solutions, plan, budget, and execute projects in support of customer objectives/goals. This includes the ability to work across the organization (Primarily Technology & Systems) to plan for the supporting project/activities needed to successful implement customer programs/projects.
- Leadership: Willing to “take a position vs. managing a position”; ability to drive change within the organization; ability to build consensus/coalitions amongst diverse (or divergent) interests; acts with integrity; takes the initiative; exercises sound judgment; and sets the example.
- Analytical/Problem Solving: Intellectual capacity and ability to gather, sort and analyze data and then develop logical conclusions; critical thinking skills; familiar with problem solving tools/techniques and able to communicate options, conclusions, and recommendations to both the business and the technology teams.
- Interpersonal/Communication: articulate and capable of conveying ideas clearly/concisely; sensitive to needs of the audience; ensures the customer, as well as service areas within Technology & Systems are kept informed of plans, status, and current problems/challenges; manages around internal politics; empathetic, good listener.
- Champions quality of data in the warehouse: maintain integrity of data in the warehouse, correcting any data problems; ensure data currency; design procedures to purge/archive old data
- Works with Data Analyst on physical model designs for star schemas
- Assess current technical architecture; estimate system capacity for near- and long-term processing requirements
- Provides technical direction and training to other IT personnel
- Mentors others through issues and if needed, facilitate resolution
- Comprehends, and understands program/project strategy, roadmaps and timelines for execution
- Takes the established projects and drives them to completion, on time and on budget meeting the customer’s expectations and objectives
- Assertively challenges questionable designs and/or assumptions and to critically evaluate project deliverables
- Must be a constant learner. Staying up-to-date on industry knowledge and striving to learn about new and emerging technologies and trends in the Exhibition, Information Technology (IT) industries as well as business practices and trends (including regulatory and compliance requirements).
- Experience and working knowledge of industry “best practices” related to data warehouse and database development.
- Familiarity with technology product & service offerings by vendors providing products and services in the data warehouse and database space.
- Stays abreast of emerging technologies, practices, architectures, etc. in order to understand their potential as future enabling technologies for business solutions
AMC and its subsidiaries are committed to equal employment opportunity and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local employment laws. AMC strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination and will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant’s race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, military status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other reason prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
Information Management Systems
Pay Rate Type
Minimum Job Requirements
Minimum educational requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering, or related discipline with an information technology focus (necessary to develop self-direction, writing ability, critical thinking, and foundations of programming and software delivery fundamentals).
- Significant business and technical experience will be considered
- Possess or has made progress towards receiving a TDWI Certification or equivalent experience
- 2+ year’s management of technical/support personnel
- 2+ years project management
- 7+ years’ experience of successful data warehouse development
- Experience working in an enterprise data warehouse environment
- Experience managing software solution projects that have a budget of at least $250,000
AMC amazing. That’s the promise we deliver to nearly 35,000 associates, 240 million guests domestically, and 350 million guests worldwide each year. AMC has propelled industry innovation since 1920, and we continue to innovate by delivering premium sight and sound, new and improved food and beverage options, and diverse content in our state-of-the-art theatres. We focus on delivering friendly, superior service to our guests. We lead by example, have fun, and give back to the communities in which we live and work. If you feel motivated and energized by our culture, and if you can name your three favorite movies in the next 30 seconds, then AMC may be the right place for you. We offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and an environment that encourages teamwork, inclusion, collaboration, and results.
- Responsible for the data integration application design, coding, testing, documentation and maintenance for complex data warehouse and database systems
- Provides ETL technical expertise, lead projects through all phases of SDLC, provides development support and serves as a subject matter expert for integrations involving data warehouse and transactional databases to meeting business requirements
- Has mastered the concepts of data warehousing data architecture, master data architecture, design, configuration, operation, security, and data integration tools
One AMC Way, 11500 Ash Street, Leawood, KS 66211