Arrow Stage Lines
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Arrow Stage Lines
Immediate Opening for a Diesel Mechanic!
We are looking for a motivated diesel mechanic to be a part of our team in the Kansas City location! Join our incredible maintenance team, which averages 13.4 years of industry experience, and learn from the best, while working on some of the latest and most pristine equipment on the road and earning a competitive wage!
Arrow Stage Lines takes pride in being an industry leader in safety and innovation, and the maintenance team that keeps our motorcoaches safe and on the road!
We strive to help our mechanics succeed by offering continuing education, providing innovative technology and equipment, a generous tool reimbursement program and a fun environment! Watch some of our YouTube and Facebook videos to see!
Arrow Stage Lines is a stable, secure company with 13 locations across the country, and has been family owned since 1928. We provide charter bus transportation to tour groups, professional and college sports teams, dignitaries, entertainers and more.
Responsibilities will include
- Handles driver vehicle write-up requests on a daily basis.
- Repairs defects on equipment.
- Signs off repaired defects on ZONAR and Vehicle Management System (VMS).
- Maintains and monitors preventative maintenance schedules on company vehicles using our Vehicle Management System.
- Performs routine maintenance such as oil changes, mounts, dismounts and balances tires, tests batteries, and lubricates equipment and machinery.
- Operates hand tools such as screwdrivers, pliers, wrenches, pressure gauges, and precision instruments, as well as power tools such as pneumatic wrenches, grinders, welding equipment, jacks and hoists.
- Inspects brake systems, steering mechanisms, wheel end components, and other important parts to ensure that they are in proper operating condition.
- Test drives all company vehicles to verify complaint, assists in diagnosis and understand malfunctions to ensure they are working properly through correct repair procedures. (Can drive busses only if CDL with “P” endorsement is obtained)
- Troubleshoots/diagnoses equipment problems over the phone with drivers and other personnel.
- Inspects, tests, and listens to defective equipment to diagnose malfunctions, using test instruments such as gauges, digital voltmeters, laptops, manuals, manufacturer support systems, other forms of diagnosis to include manufacturer support call centers, representatives, and online training as well as manuals.
- Examines and adjusts protective guards, loose bolts, and specified safety devices.
- Attaches test instruments to equipment, and reads dials and gauges to diagnose malfunctions.
- Repairs and adjusts seats, doors and windows, and installs and repairs accessories.
- Removes, installs, dismounts, mounts, balances, repairs and performs general work with tires.
- Functional in repairing and maintaining parts of the engine, such as fuel injection systems, HVAC systems, engine cooling, suspension, electrical, and all other components associated with company vehicles.
- Ensures compliance with DOT, EPA and OSHA rules and regulations.
- Learns, understands and uses company Vehicle Management System.
- Complies with company PPE policy at all times.
- Complies with company and safety policies and procedures. Ensures a safe working environment.
- Completes training requirements set forth by manager.
- Maintains a minimum of 90% shop efficiency rate.
- Ensures all warranty and core parts are returned to proper area and tagged correctly.
- Ensures work orders are designated correctly and comply with warranty procedures.
- Reads wiring, and air/electrical schematics
- Complies with company scheduled hours.
- Works in excess of normal working hours as workloads and seasonal activities are encountered.
- Knowledge of fleet maintenance policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of basic computer function capabilities.
- Understanding of HVAC systems.
- Understanding and ability to diagnose air brake systems.
- Proficient in reading, wiring and air/electrical schematics.
- Basic electrical and some knowledge of electrical multiplex systems.
- Skill to organize self and surroundings.
- Familiar with DDEC, CatET, Cummins INSITE, Allison DOC software.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and excellent driving record.
- Ability to obtain a Commercial Drivers License with a “P” endorsement within first 90 days of employment, or meets state regulations regarding age.
- Ability to pass a physical and drug test, which includes a back screen which includes repetitive lifting, pushing and pulling of 80 lbs. plus.
- Ability to ccomplete training requirements set forth by manager.
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively under time and budgetary pressures.
- Ability to write and speak English.
- Ability to communicate openly and honestly with drivers and other staff.
- Ability to make repair decisions in a fast-paced environment based upon what would be in the best interest of the company.
- Ability to work independently and self motivated.
- Ability to solve problems and maintenance issues.
- Must be a team player and willing to accept and support company processes and systems.
- Ability to maintain a minimum of 90% shop efficiency rate.
- Ability to learn, understand and use company Vehicle Management System.
- 3 - 5 years fleet maintenance experience preferred
- Brake and AC (608 & 609) Certifications required
- High School Diploma or GED
- Associate’s Degree (two year college or technical school) preferred