Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Microsoft Dynamics GP Solution Architect
at Ascend Learning
Ascend Learning is a national leader in data driven, online educational solutions for learners, educators and employers in high-growth, licensure-driven professions spanning healthcare, fitness and wellness, skilled trades, insurance and financial services. We are passionate about accelerating learning while impacting job readiness, employment success and employee retention with the belief that our work changes lives.
Our culture is intentionally results-driven and selfless with a relentless focus on our customers. We believe in trust, transparency, freedom and responsibility with a commitment to meritocracy, inclusion and diversity of thought. Continual investment in our over 1400 employees is also a core principal realized through ongoing professional development and providing opportunities to grow, develop and lead. Ascend Learning is headquartered in Burlington, MA with additional office locations and remote workers in cities across the U.S. and in the U.K.
Do you enjoy being part of a collaborative team that develops innovative solutions to complex problems? Do you want to use your skills and experience to design and implement process improvements within a company utilizing new technologies? If so, Ascend Learning is seeking a solution architect with financial operations, accounting and Microsoft Dynamics GP experience to join our Enterprise Applications team within IT in the Leawood, KS office.
This individual will design new solutions to complex business problems within GP, with the focus on enterprise-level functionality & adoption. This individual will also design the approach to transition legacy GP configurations to the new enterprise solutions, as part of its implementation. This individual will work as part of an agile team performing various engineering tasks including GP system enhancements, platform upgrades, new solution or plugin implementations, development supporting integrations with other systems, and ongoing maintenance. These are high visibility projects that touch many aspects of the Ascend Learning business.
- Serve as a solution architect for the Microsoft Dynamics GP system
- Design and enhance the overall architecture of Microsoft Dynamics GP ERP applications and 3rd party add-ons to enable the growth of Ascend Learning’s businesses
- Analyze and design resolutions to complex issues regarding application functionality
- Analyze and design resolutions to complex data integrity issues
- Design architecture requirements, as needed, to be used to develop custom applications to meet business process requirements that cannot be met using the existing Microsoft Dynamics GP application
- Serves as the technical point of contact for Microsoft Dynamics GP with all other technical teams
- Shares and implements best practices for GP across all tech teams within Enterprise Applications and other technical teams
- Advocate and encourage the utilization of the Microsoft Dynamics GP applications and its feature/functionality to all business units
- Work as part of cross-functional business & technical teams to design scalable solutions to complex problems
- Participate in the evaluation of new solutions to meet business requirements
- Design integration interfaces between Microsoft Dynamics GP and various source systems of financial transactions
- Develop functional and technical knowledge of other complimentary financial systems that integrate with Microsoft Dynamics GP, such as Hyland Perceptive and Nortridge Loan Software, to assist in help-desk support
- Work with Platform Analysts/Business Analysts, Scrum Masters, QA Analysts, Product Owners, and other cross-functional resources to define and deliver business impacting projects.
- Capable of working independently, as well as with team members on different teams and in different locations.
- Perform code reviews with other team members in a reviewer capacity.
- Develop effective presentations to describe the potential uses and benefits of business processes enabled by using the enterprise applications
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process and facilitate migration to a Continuous Deployment/Continuous Integration approach.
- Provide technical expertise and troubleshooting to support production issues and participate in on-call rotation as needed.
- Execute deployments in production and non-production environments and be willing to support deployments outside of normal working hours.
- Attend scrum meetings including standups, retrospectives, and demos, working as part of the agile team.
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- 8 years of experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP Financials (GL, AR, AP), SOP, Inventory, Fixed Assets, SQL server setup & application server setup
- 5 years completing full software development life cycle from developing a detailed roadmap to roadmap implementation using agile principles.
- Understanding and experience in an agile-based development methodology or similar formal methodologies.
- Dynamics GP Certification preferred
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles and procedures. Experience working in a finance or accounting department preferred.
- Demonstrated experience implementing Dynamics GP in a multi-user environment.
- Experience with integration tools and 3rd party add-on modules
- Experience using GP customization tools
- Experience with various reporting tools: SQL Server Reporting Services, Report Writer, Management Reporter & Power BI
- Expert at translating business requirements into technical designs and vice versa.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills. Comfortable communicating with both business and engineering leaders.
- Experience in mentoring other technical resources in developing software solutions
Education & Experience
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field and/or equivalent experience.
Ascend Learning, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (M/F/Vets/Disabled). No agency or search firm submissions will be accepted. Applications for U.S. based positions with Ascend Learning, LLC must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.