Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Ascend Learning
Ascend Learning is a national leader in data driven, online educational solutions for learners, educators and employers in high-growth, licensure-driven professions spanning healthcare, fitness and wellness, skilled trades, insurance and financial services. We are passionate about accelerating learning while impacting job readiness, employment success and employee retention with the belief that our work changes lives.
Our culture is intentionally results-driven and selfless with a relentless focus on our customers. We believe in trust, transparency, freedom and responsibility with a commitment to meritocracy, inclusion and diversity of thought. Continual investment in our over 1400 employees is also a core principal realized through ongoing professional development and providing opportunities to grow, develop and lead. Ascend Learning is headquartered in Burlington, MA with additional office locations and remote workers in cities across the U.S. and in the U.K.
We are searching for a Business Analyst for our Clinical Health Software Engineering organization. The primary role of the Business Analyst is to analyze business requirements and craft detailed functional and design specifications for all aspects of a software solution.
This position is responsible for striving for high quality and operational efficiency within agile/scrum teams. The Business Analyst will work with Product Owners and Engineering on the design, testing, and implementation of new software as well as defect corrections and enhancements to existing software.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Translate business requirements or high-level user stories into detailed user or technical stories and acceptance criteria that can be efficiently implemented by the agile development team with minimal additional input.
- Conduct analysis that identifies the current state of business processes and/or system inadequacies.
- Deliver recommendations for process and system improvements that assist the business in achieving its goals and objectives, leveraging best practices and professional experience.
- Work with team members to proactively identify, communicate and resolve issues and risks that impede the execution and/or success of the project.
- Able to work on multiple assignments and/or projects simultaneously.
- Collaborate with business stakeholders, agile team members and project managers to ensure timely delivery of project deliverables.
- Facilitate feature grooming sessions with engineering and product team members.
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with all levels of users including product owners, developers, offshore groups, and management.
- Experience with the Agile methodologies; SAFe, SCRUM and Kanban, preferred but not required.
- Passionate about quality and takes pride in work deliverables/outcomes.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of experience writing agile user stories as a Product Owner, Business Analyst, Technical writer, Platform Analyst, or similar role.
- Jira experience preferred.
- Strong technical aptitude and understanding of software concepts.
Ascend Learning, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (M/F/Vets/Disabled). No agency or search firm submissions will be accepted. Applications for U.S. based positions with Ascend Learning, LLC must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.