Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Manager of Contracts Administration
at Ascend Learning
Ascend Learning is a national leader in data driven, online educational solutions for learners, educators and employers in high-growth, licensure-driven professions spanning healthcare, fitness and wellness, skilled trades, insurance, and financial services. We are passionate about accelerating learning while impacting job readiness, employment success and employee retention with the belief that our work changes lives.
Our culture is intentionally results-driven and selfless with a relentless focus on our customers. We believe in trust, transparency, freedom, and responsibility with a commitment to meritocracy, inclusion and diversity of thought. Continual investment in our over 1400 employees is also a core principal realized through ongoing professional development and providing opportunities to grow, develop and lead. Ascend Learning is headquartered in Burlington, MA with additional office locations and remote workers in cities across the U.S. and in the U.K.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Manager of Contracts Administration to manage a newly formed team. The Senior Manager reports to the Vice President of Operations for Clinical Health. This is a great opportunity to join a growing business and support strategic transactions that drive Ascend’s Clinical Health business operations.
As a Senior Manager of Contracts Administration, you are responsible for coordinating, reviewing, revising, and maintaining contractual agreements used in the sale of educational technology-related products and services, as well as drafting and negotiation of commercial contract terms related to orders, pricing, invoicing, renewals, and payment. This includes preparation of contracts, shepherding contracts through the sales cycle, and serving as the sales interface with legal and finance departments on contract matters. The Senior Manager will engage with internal stakeholders, as well as external clients and partners, as required, to complete agreements and to ensure that such agreements comply with company policies, procedures, and compliance obligations. This role is also responsible for managing incoming contract-related inquiries from teammates and administrative functions related to contract execution.
Essential Functions of The Job
- Manage sales contracting process for several different Clinical Health businesses; from end-to-end with internal business owners and stakeholders and external clients and partners.
- Ensure contract terms and conditions comply with company’s legal directives, mitigate business risk, improve efficiencies; minimize workload requirements, maximize financial objectives, and have necessary approvals prior to execution.
- In a timely manner, review all contracts prior to signature by Clinical Health businesses; approve all unrevised contracts; manage revisions to commercial terms and escalate legal revisions to in-house attorneys; work closely with stakeholders across company businesses on non-standard provisions; project-manage and collaborate with in-house attorneys in connection with complex deals and projects initiated by Legal.
- Designing, building, and improving contract processes, workflows, metrics, and document management as we scale.
- On behalf of Ascend’s Clinical Health operation, participate in company initiative to develop, acquire and implement enterprise-wide contract lifecycle management system.
- Providing first-line advice and triage on inbound contract-related requests, escalate to Legal when needed.
- Review various government (state and federal) forms, certification documents and other related contract materials that are submitted by government clients and collaborate with Legal department on review, revision, and approval prior to company execution.
- Generate, review, and maintain accurate contract documentation in accordance with company policies.
- Collaborate with legal on development and maintenance of up-to-date contract templates, playbooks, and clause bank for routinely approved changes to commercial terms, that align with company policies, mitigate risk, and establish consistency in company contracts; promote use of company templates for NDAs, amendments and renewals.
- Leads team of contracts professionals responsible for contract formation, obtaining necessary approvals, and overall administration of client contracts.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- CPCM certification is a plus, but not required
- 5 years of managing a contract administration function for sales organization, including supervisory experience
- Relevant experience working with both commercial and government (federal and state) contracts (background contracting with educational institutions a plus) and familiarity reviewing government regulations
- Demonstrated experience drafting and negotiating commercial terms (orders, pricing/fees, payment, renewals, amendments) and guiding sales on use of various company contract forms
- Ability to independently draft contract amendments, with minimal supervision of in-house counsel
- Background in training sales teams on use of company contracts
- Experience building and managing contract management tools and processes with excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, mostly Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience working cross-functionally with business, technical, legal, and finance team members
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to prioritize and manage competing projects in a dynamic environment
- Excellent judgment and strong communication skills (written and oral) with a customer focus
- Ability to analyze and present relevant information and solutions to all levels of organization
- Able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Familiarity with administration of electronic signature programs, such as Adobe Sign or DocuSign
Ascend Learning, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (M/F/Vets/Disabled). No agency or search firm submissions will be accepted. Applications for U.S. based positions with Ascend Learning, LLC must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.