Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Avacend, Inc.
Job Status: Temporary
Job Reference #: 7182
- Experienced to Lead level Cost Engineering role.
- Will work on assignments on a variety of Power and/or Oil & Gas projects.
- Tasked with competently performing all aspects of cost analysis, including cost reporting and forecasting, earned value progress measurement, quantity management, change management , risk identification and mitigation, and other cost-related functions.
- May provide guidance to less experienced project controls personnel.
- Must be willing to travel and work on-site at project locations throughout the United States an estimated 25% of the time.
- Leads or participates in delivering baseline cost deliverables• Generates monthly / quarterly reports.
- Leads estimate reconciliation and budget variance tracking, bringing key variances to the attention of management as they arise.
- Coordinates with engineers and field team for management and tracking of engineered quantities.
- Leads or participates in change management initiatives and reporting.
- Four-year Bachelor's degree with six or more years of relevant Cost Control of Planning & Scheduling experience (OR)
- No four-year Bachelor's degree required with eight years or more of relevant Cost Control or Planning & Scheduling experience in Home Office or Field Office.
- Prefer four-year Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management (or) Non Technical Bachelor’s with business and computer software courses plus relevant Cost Engineering experience in Home or Field Office.
- Oil & Gas or Power Generation projects experience.
Preferred Non-Technical Competencies:
- Managing Complexity.
- Situational Adaptability.
- Presentation Skills.
- Drive for Results.
- Customer Focus.
- Interpersonal Savvy.
Preferred Technical Competencies:
- Computer skills, including Microsoft Excel.
- Intermediate verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of key cost control processes and key scheduling processes.
- Understand Earned Value Management.
- Understand financial/accounting reporting.
- Understand EPC work process and dependencies between functions.
- Ability to provide risk and opportunity analysis input.
- Experience with Power Bi.
- Experience with EcoSys.