Correct Care Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Correct Care Solutions
Our Obstetrician-Gynecologist (Ob/gyn) is a physician who provide a full range of services to inmates who are women, including those during pregnancy, in the peri-partum, and post-partum periods. Focus is women's health and specializes in childbirth, treating and counseling women throughout their pregnancy, from giving prenatal diagnoses to delivery and postpartum care. Tracks the health of, and treats, both mother and fetus as the pregnancy progresses. Provides required documentation of services to the Site Medical Director or designee in order to monitor provision of clinical services. Notifies the Medical Director and H.S.A. regarding changes in schedule coverage and assist in arrangements for coverage of medical services if unavailable for an extended period of time.
- Doctorate in medicine or osteopathy
- Completed the requisite post-graduate training in obstetrics and gynecology
- Ablity to obtain board certification on the appropriate schedule
- Complete the required number of hours of continuing medical in obstetrics and gynecology to maintain licensure in the state or states where services are to be performed or supervised
Board eligibility or certification in obstetrics and gynecology
Maintain a current unrestricted DEA license and any applicable state controlled substances licenses
- Unrestricted license to practice medicine in the state or states where services are to be performed or supervised
- Report to assigned facility on designated dates and hours to examine referred patients.
- Conduct on-site obstetric and gynecologic sick call and chronic care clinics, as established by the Medical Director and HSA.
- Review and countersign therapeutic orders and corresponding progress notes of inmates seen by the P.A./CRNP/ARNP, if applicable, ensuring they are appropriate and effective.
- Ensure progress note documentation is in SOAP format, problem oriented, corresponds to the therapeutic order and is dated, timed and legible, if written.
- Care for outpatients in the specialty clinic and outpatient department including performing a diagnostic evaluation, writing treatment plans, and insuring proper follow-up
- The above responsibilities are a highlight of responsibilities and not a full list. Other responsibilities may be performed as assigned.