Chicago Bridge & Iron Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Chicago Bridge & Iron Company
Under direct supervision, performs entry level clerical/office duties requiring knowledge of basic office systems and procedures. Clerical duties may be assigned in accordance with the office procedures of individual locations and may include a combination of answering telephones; opening, sorting, and distributing mail; filing; and basic word processing. Person protective equipment will be required.
- Communicate with customers, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, take orders and address complaints
- Answer telephones, direct calls and take messages
- Compile, copy, sort, and file records of office activities, business transactions, and other activities.
- Complete and mail bills, contracts, policies, invoices, or checks
- Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems and personal computers
- Compute, record, and proofread data and other information, such as records or reports.
- Maintain and update filing, inventory, mailing, and database systems, either manually or using a computer
- Open, sort and route incoming mail, answer correspondence, and prepare outgoing mail
- Review files, records, and other documents to obtain information to respond to requests
- May collect, count, and disburse money, do basic bookkeeping and complete banking transactions
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Typically is vocationally qualified with limited work experience
- Works on straightforward tasks using established procedures; work is subject to review by others
- Depends on others for instruction, guidance and direction
- Develops knowledge and skills in basic practices and procedures within own area
- Applies basic technical skills and knowledge to complete assigned work
- Responds to standard requests from internal or external customers
- Solves routine problems by following defined procedures
- Manages own time to meet deadlines set by others
- Works with others as part of a team
APTIM is a leading global provider of integrated maintenance services, environmental engineering and remediation, infrastructure EPC services, program management, and disaster response and recovery for private sector and government customers.