Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Child Start
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Salary Range
- USD $11.09/Hr. to USD $12.18/Hr.
- Hours Per Week
- Weeks Per Year
Teacher Assistants for Early Childhood and Head Start programs assist Lead Teachers in planning and implementing learning experiences that advance the intellectual, emotional, social, and physical development of children within a safe, healthy learning environment. They encourage the involvement of the families of the children of the program and support the development of relationship between children and their families.
Target Start Date: 7/30/2018
- Utilizes appropriate language, interactions, and positive discipline.
- Models Positive behavior.
- Assists in instructing and supervising children in classroom activities.
- Assists with implementation age appropriate activities that support the Head Start performance standards and the creative curriculum.
- Implements and models family style eating during meal times.
- Continuously monitors children to ensure safety at all times, and report child abuse and neglect when necessary.
- Assists with administrating screenings, creative curriculum and DECA and DIAL-4 screening.
- Assists in utilizing curriculum library, trainings, plan, and develop age appropriate activities for lesson plans in conjunction with the lead teacher.
- Assists the lead teacher in incorporating required activities into lesson plans that support children’s development.
- Assists in open communication with parents by scheduling and conducting parent/teacher conferences and home visits.
- Assists as a parent advocate, help resolve issues or concerns that are raised.
- Assists to inform parents about daily classroom routines, expectations, policies, field trips, and volunteer opportunities.
- Assists to communicate with parents about incidents that have been observed and/or recorded on site.
- Assists to complete all necessary paperwork for classroom activities including meal count sheets, attendance, screenings, parent/teacher conferences, and home visits in a timely manner.
- Assists to maintain up to date and accurate education folders to include complete incident reports, permission slips.
- Assists with maintaining accurate and up to date portfolios.
- Assists with classroom supply lists and inventory.
- Assists with completion of assessment paperwork, such as creative curriculum checklist, and DECA and DIAL-4 screenings, according to specified timelines.
- Work closely with EC Manager, Assistant EC Manager, and classroom teaching team.
- Works with Senior Manager and other content area specialists.
- Actively participates in meetings which may include management, staff meetings, as requested.
- Current CDA in Early Childhood 3-5
- One year pre-school experience with children age 3-5
- Computer skills helpful
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 30 pounds for various classroom and event needs or put a child on a changing table.
- Assocaites or Baccalaureate degree in Early Childhood Education or related field with 9 hours in ECE.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)