Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Pharmacy Tech - Specialty
at CVS Health
The Pharmacy Technician assist in accurately reading, interpreting and entering prescriptions into the computer system including calculation of doses and assignment of directions and accepting proper insurance payment in a timely fashion. Pharmacy Technicians are responsible for routing incomplete or unclear prescriptions to the prescriber for clarification and must also be able to enter incomplete prescription information once clarification has been obtained. Must be able to collaborate with a diverse team.
* One year experience in a customer service role or one year pharmacy experience
* 6 months experience handling and resolving a high
volume of complex customer needs over the phone
* Six months work experience with Windows-based applications like Windows, Microsoft Office, internet navigation, and email applications
* Six months computer keyboarding experience, skills and aptitude
* Prefer Healthcare work experience and familiarity with
benefits, insurance, prescriptions
* Prefer Medical billing, coding, and other medical
* Prefer National Certification (CPhT/ ExCPT)
* Prefer customer service experience in an office
H.S. Diploma or equivalent; Pharmacy Technician License and\or Certification as required by applicable state law
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.