Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Faith Technologies
DETAILER – LEVEL 1
Faith Technologies ? Lenexa, KS
Your Career. Your Future!
A position at Faith Technologies can be the answer to your future career. As a Detailer, you’ll be part of a progressive national leader in electrical planning, engineering, technology and energy services.
Faith Technologies enables employee growth and success through industry-leading training and development, utilization of the latest industry technologies, and an uncompromised focus on safety.
We recognize and reward top performers, offering competitive, merit-based compensation, career path development and a flexible and robust benefits package that boasts everything from paid training and tuition reimbursement to an award-winning wellness program.
We are seeking a motivated individual to join our Preconstruction team as a full-time Detailer-Level 1. The ideal candidate would have strong problem solving skills as well as interpersonal and communication skills. Knowledge of the electrical construction trade and of the National Electric Code (NEC) is required, and must stay current with NEC code through continuing education. AutoCAD, AutoCAD MEP, Revit MEP & Navisworks knowledge is preferred. Ability to read and interpret drawings. This role will be responsible for creation and modification of documents and drawings in 2D and 3D from conceptual design through successful installation for electrical and specialty system construction, under the direction of an experienced detailer.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: 4 years related trade experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or Engineering
- Experience: Journeyman's or Master’s License is preferred
- Create and modify detailed 2D and 3D construction drawings for field installation and prefabrication to meet customer requirements including but not limited to: conduit runs, U.G. and overhead; cable tray; electrical equipment; wiring and circuiting; validate and prepare supporting documents supporting field installation and prefabrication including but not limited to: panel schedules, prefabrication worksheets, pull schedules, and material take-off sheets.
- Creates the detailed drawings required for Prefabrication.
- Provides input to the project change order log and PSR for project tracking.
- Creates documents that comply with company CAD and VDC standards.
- Collaborate with superintendent/foreman, project managers and/or preconstruction managers to insure that detailing and installation practices utilize the most cost effective solution keeping in mind material and labor costs.
- Collaborate with superintendent/foreman, project managers and/or preconstruction managers to determine scope of work.
- Completes work within estimated hours.
- Collaborate with the superintendent/Foreman, PM and/or PCM to review, evaluate and maintain VDC schedules.
- Create and maintain a positive working relationship with internal and external project teams.
- Follows a systematic approach to detailing major projects.
- Demonstrates the ability to make positive project outcomes measured in cost savings, labor efficiency, and quality.
- Manages the work flow on projects assigned by supervisor.
- Actively participates in internal project planning/kick-off meetings to assist the Project Manager in identifying: areas that are lacking information and need additional detail; areas and/or systems that can be laid out as to improve efficiency during field installations; and installation techniques and methods that will achieve greater efficiencies during field installations.
- Works with Project Manager, Superintendent, and Prefab to determine areas, systems, or assemblies that can be prefabricated to improve efficiency during field installations.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
The job description and responsibilities described are intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
BENEFITS ARE THE GAME CHANGER
Our employees are our greatest resource. To further promote our Health, Wellness and Safety we proudly offer them:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Prescription Drug Insurance
- Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flex Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
- Performance Incentives
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral and Mentoring Program (A.C.E. Program)
Faith Technologies is one of the largest privately held electrical planning, design and engineering contractors in the United States. We stand strong in our values as we work to Create World Class Opportunities to Succeed through:
- Uncompromised focus on keeping people SAFE.
- Building TRUST in everything we do.
- REDEFINING what’s possible.
- Rewarding individual results that create TEAM SUCCESS.
If you’re ready to learn more about growing your career with us, apply today.
Faith Technologies, Inc. is an Affirmative Action Employer/Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.