Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Fluor Corporation
City (or Nearest City)
Bergen op Zoom
Fluor Consultants BV is focused on developing long term relationships with customers in revamping, debottlenecking and expanding the production capacity of their existing facilities in the Process Industry in the South West of the Netherlands. The Bergen op Zoom and Rotterdam offices provide the full project execution services: from conceptual engineering through commissioning and construction support.
The civil/structural designer(s) will work together with the civil/structural engineer(s) within a multi disciplinary team of engineers and designers on projects for several clients in the chemical and petrochemical industry.
Main focus for the civil structural group is to design typical concrete and steel structures and foundations such as pipe-racks, equipment support structures, tank-farms, etc.
- Design of preliminary sketches for basic design purposes
- Design of the detail design drawings for piling, concrete foundations, concrete
pavement, site finishing, steel & concrete superstructures etc.
- 3D-modeling of steel structures
- Preparation of material take-offs
- The civil/structural designer will, together with the civil/structural engineer, be
responsible for working within the budget and meeting the project-schedule
Basic Job Requirements
- MTS/HTS education level
- Candidates shall be fluent in both Dutch and English, written and oral
communication with our Client's is as well in Dutch as in English
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel
- Be able to multi-task between several projectsto detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
Other Job Requirements
- Experience with basic design and detailed design project execution (EPC)
- Design of layout drawings, concrete formwork and rebar drawings and
structural steel engineering drawings
- Knowledge of typical concrete and steel structures, such as equipment
foundations, pipe racks, platforms etc, as applicable in the process industry
- AutoCAD 2D design drawings, 3D experience and knowledge of Frameworks
- Experience in Life Sciences (preferably)
This position is contingent upon contract award.
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.