Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Fluor Corporation
City (or Nearest City)
Bergen op Zoom
Fluor Consultants BV is focusing on developing long term relationships with customers in revamping, debottlenecking and expanding the production capacity of their existing facilities in the process Industry in the South West of the Netherlands. The Bergen op Zoom and Rotterdam offices provide the full project execution services: from conceptual engineering through commissioning and construction support. Together with Stork (a Fluor company) we have the unique market capacity to offer integrated solutions to our clients. This includes fabrication, modularization and maintenance.
The Piping Design & Engineering group is a dynamic team in which engineering, design and leadership skills are combined to effectively support our clients. In addition to a solid education focusing on engineering and/or design, a strong set of personal competencies is a prerequisite for success. Being a team player and having an ability to interact effectively with client’s organization and others disciplines in our taskforce is essential.
In these projects the Piping design team is responsible for the routing of pipe systems, and the complete lay-out of the plant. E.g. Equipment locations , locations of new structures and platforms.
Fluor’s target industries are: Oil & GAS, Chemicals, Renewable Energy solutions, life science and advanced manufacturing.
They work within a task force for the realization of multi-discipline projects in close cooperation with vendors and clients to translate functional specifications into technical solutions.
The successful candidate must be able to:
• Develop, design and produces and check complex Piping drawings including plot plans, piping plans, isometrics, MTO’s and sketches by using 2D and 3D design tools
• Field check by frequent site visits
• Perform measurements independently
• Interpret and set-up P&ID’s
• Participate in design reviews within the Project team
• Work independently, controls / leads small teams including offshored work
• Have practical knowledge of field installations
• Assure quality of work assigned, assure technical integrity of design documents
• Proactive reporting project status and constraints to the Piping Lead
Basic Job Requirements
• MBO WTB or equivalent
• Extensive knowledge of piping design
• Candidates shall be fluent in both Dutch and English.
Written and oral communication with our Clients is as well in Dutch as English.
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Willingness to travel
• Be able to multi-task between several projects
• Experience within food sector/life sciences is preferable
This position is contingent upon contract award.
We reserve the right to modify or revise the job descriptions in part or in its entirety. Reasonable accommodations will be made in accordance with governing law.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law.