Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Part-Time CRC Vocational Case Manager
at GENEX Services
• Coordinate the individual’s vocational training program while maximizing cost containment by getting the injured worker back to work. Performance is monitored by supervisors and is evaluated in relation to the overall branch performance/revenues.
• Conduct vocational assessment interviews and tests, which, in conjunction with the medical information and release, will allow the formulation of vocational goals. Must practice proper testing techniques and interpret the results without error to avoid complicating the claimant’s rehabilitation and to return them to work.
• Works with the physicians and therapists to set up medical assessments to identify physical and mental capabilities which will aid in counseling the injured worker on vocational alternatives should limitations call for another type of work, or if necessary and appropriate, retraining.
• Researches training and pain programs, coordinates participation and monitors the individual’s success over the course of the program.
• Works with employers (past or potential) and employment placement facilities on modifications to job duties based on medical limitations and the employee’s functional assessment. Conducts job analysis to ensure a match before placing the client in the job; obtains, when necessary, physician approval.
• Provides job search skills training to claimants. Instructs on completing applications, identifying job markets, improving interview skills. Counsels them on alleviating anxiety and dealing with potentially negative attitudes among employers and employees.
• Coordinates the injured worker’s appointments and arranges and/or may personally escort them to the appointments.
• After placement, follows up by visiting the worksite, and evaluating activities and assessing performance.
• May provide exert testimony on litigated cases.
• Develops knowledge of current job market to identify alternative placements.
• Maintains all case documents in files ensuring a comprehensive and detailed source of information for all parties involved in the case.
• Prepares detailed evaluation reports, as per account guidelines, and case notes documenting each phase of activity as it is completed. Reports billing hours in accordance with case activity and billing practices.
• Maintains phone contact with all parties involved to monitor, update, and advance the vocational rehabilitation and to ensure that the case progresses.
• Compiles a case inventory monthly for submission to the branch manager to allow for proper billing and to calculate hours for bonus purposes.
• Completes insurance carrier reports on a monthly (or as required) basis, as well as other necessary paperwork for the insurance company, state, or other regulatory bodies.
• Coordinates case management with attorneys, insurance carriers, physicians, employers, and claimants. Serves as a main liaison in the rehabilitation process.
• Maintaining the necessary credentials and demonstrating a level of professionalism within the work place and in dealing with injured workers reflects positively on the company. Professionalism is monitored daily by management.
• May assist in training/orientation of new staff as requested.
• Monitors functions assigned to non-case managers and provides input on the performance of support staff to their supervisor.
• Other duties may be assigned.
EDUCATION: B.S., B.A., in vocational evaluation, special education, behavioral psychology, or related field required. Masters level and/or advanced study strongly preferred or as required by state law.
EXPERIENCE: Prior industry-related experience preferred.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Meets all vocational case management eligibility requirements of the state/jurisdiction of hire.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: C.R.C., C.C.M., C.D.M.S., L.R.C. or C.V.E. eligibility required. Actual certification preferred, or as required by state law. Valid driver’s license required.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS: Prior vocational case management experience preferred. Background in state workers’ compensation law and practices desirable. Excellent interpersonal skills and phone manners. Excellent organizational skills. Ability to set priorities. Ability to work independently. Computer literacy required.
Genex is an equal opportunity, at-will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
Genex helps injured workers return to their jobs in a safe and efficient manner through compassionate case management, while reducing health care costs and disability expenses for our customers. At the heart of our success are more than 2,900 medical and business professionals who “make it count” by providing comprehensive care management and multicultural services from locations across the United States and Canada. Our dedicated team serves more than 380 of the Fortune 500 companies as well as the top workers’ compensation and disability carriers and third-party administrators in the U.S. In addition, Genex is the only company that delivers high-quality clinical services enhanced by intelligent systems and 360-degree data analysis to consistently drive superior results related to medical, wage loss, and productivity costs associated with claims in the workers’ compensation, disability, automobile, and health care systems.
We attract and retain the industry’s best talent at every Genex location because we invest in our team. We offer our employees and their families benefits that provide protection and enhance quality of life. Genex’s comprehensive compensation and benefits program includes competitive salary and incentive program, medical, dental, life and LTD insurance, 401(k) with company match plus 100 percent vesting after 90 days, and a flexible work schedule. In addition, we offer a continuing education program accredited by the certifying boards for CCM, CRC and CDMS for our nursing and vocational positions.
If you have skills and motivation to “make it count” at a company that makes a difference in the lives of others, we invite you to join our Talent Network and explore career opportunities at Genex.
What is a Talent Network?
Talent Networks enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.
- Receive alerts with new job opportunities that match your interests
- Share job opportunities through Social Media or email