Goodwill-Easter Seals Minnesota
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant General Manager
at Goodwill-Easter Seals Minnesota
- Regular Full-Time
- # of Openings
These positions are responsible for the supervision of all employees and the day to day operations of a retail location that processes donations which are sold in store to generate revenue for the Agency’s mission. These may include: financial, personnel, production and safety related duties to include but not limited to:
- Ensuring cash register is appropriately staffed
- Making bank deposits, as required
- Maintaining appropriate security of cash and keys
- Assist with interviewing and hiring new employees
- Training new associates in policies, procedures and standards
- Ensuring compliance to policies and procedures
- Ensure associates provide a high level of customer service both front and back
- Ensuring quick placement of high-quality, processed goods to the sales floor
- Meeting production numbers as set by divisional management
- Ensuring loss prevention and process flow guidelines are followed
- Ensuring work stations are properly stocked and staffed to meet production goals
- Ensuring the physical safety of the back room and sales floor
- Communicating safety issues and concerns to ensure quick resolution
- Set priorities to meet daily, weekly and monthly goals
- Confidence in their ability to perform as an exempt level supervisor
- Strong work ethic, character and integrity
- Solid judgment and common sense in decision making
- A positive, supportive attitude to staff and customers
- Recognition of and avoidance of any conflict of interest with staff, product or customers
- Effective, appropriate and professional communication and demeanor
- Recognition of and adherence to a higher standard as a member of management
- Strong organization and multi-tasking ability
- Ability to document incidences appropriately
- Commitment to mission of the organization
- Comfort with handling cash and operation of a cash register
- Understanding of the importance of the donor process and how it supports the mission
- The incumbent should have a minimum of 1 year experience in supervision
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Familiarity with safety requirements in a warehouse/retail environment
- Basic understanding of legal requirements regarding employment
- Focus on and compliance with safety and loss prevention standards
- Maintenance of valid driver’s license, insurance and acceptable MVR
Goodwill of Western Missouri & Eastern Kansas has a rich, 120 year+ history. Everyone knows Goodwill for our thrift stores, but few know what Goodwill is really all about. The sale of donated items provides funds that stays local, supporting thousands of job-seekers with barriers to employment. We believe in the Power of Work and are committed to helping people earn and keep jobs in this community. That’s why 90¢ of every dollar Goodwill spends goes directly into our mission, not into shareholders’ pockets.
Our agency is evolving. We’re looking for new leaders and team members who want more than just a job. With a $30 million operating budget and a lot of room to grow, now is the time to join the next generation of Goodwill.
Visit www.mokangoodwill.org to learn more about our agency.
Goodwill of Western Missouri & Eastern Kansas provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, disability or genetic information, and encourages people of all backgrounds to apply for available positions. Individuals needing accommodations to complete an application may contact Human Resources at 816.842.7425.