Green Plains, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Green Plains, Inc.
Green Plains Inc. is a publicly traded Fortune 1000, diversified commodity processing business with agribusiness, ethanol production, cattle feed lot operations, commodity marketing, and distribution services. We are a growth company and the second largest consolidated owner of ethanol production facilities in the world.
Summary: Greet and assist customers and vendors. Answer and direct incoming telephone calls and weigh incoming and outgoing commodities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities may include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Greet and assist customers and vendors. Have them sign-in on visitor log.
- Answer and forward incoming telephone calls.
- Weigh incoming and outgoing trucks carrying commodities either through the CMS system or manually.
- Perform or assist necessary corn grading and testing applicable to cattle location.
- Reconcile previous day’s commodities receipts; scan copies into shared drive and file originals
- Scan and file daily Medicine and Feed Reports
- Distribute mail daily.
- Coordinate UPS/Fed Ex shipping.
- Order and maintain all office supplies including water and ice; report copiers/printers needing service or repairs.
- Update Manure Log, KDHE Ops Log and Invoice Farmer for manure monthly. Work with Payables clerk to keep A/R balance current.
- Track DEADS and compare with Dead cards, computer systems and dead truck pickup.
- Complete any additional duties requested by other managers or GM.
- Run reports for Nutritionist and contract veterinarian, when needed.
- Comply with all ISO/HACCP and OSHA/Safety procedures, rules, and regulations.
Personal Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Must be able to adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Must exhibit strong attendance/punctuality.
- Conserve organizational resources. (Be aware of material costing).
- Follow instructions, respond to management direction; keep commitments; complete tasks on time or notify appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Treat people with respect; work with integrity and ethically.
- Ask for and offer help when needed.
- Generate suggestions for improving work.
- Able to keep emotions under control.
- Exhibit sound and accurate judgment.
- Listen and get clarification; respond well to questions.
- Follow policies and procedures; complete administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Utilize time in an efficient manner.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Complete work in timely manner.
- Observe safety and security procedures.
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- Strive to continuously build knowledge and skills; share expertise with others.
- Able to read and interpret written information.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate's degree from two-year college or technical school, or one year related experience and/or training is preferred but not required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to perform basic math functions and calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Word Processing software; Spreadsheet software; Accounting software and Internet software.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) skills are a plus.
Supreme Cattle Feeders offers competitive pay; a generous benefit package; paid holidays, vacation and sick time; a retirement savings plan; flexible spending accounts; a business casual attire work environment. All potential employees of Supreme Cattle Feeders will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening and background check prior to employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.