Heartland Financial USA
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CPS Operations Manager
at Heartland Financial USA
Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
The CPS Operations Manager ensures organizational effectiveness and compliance by providing leadership for the division’s operational functions and contributing to the development and implementation of divisional controls, policies and practices. Functions of the position include reviewing of account activities, taking appropriate measures to minimize risk and loss to the bank, and complying with Visa, MasterCard, and federal regulations.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develops, maintains updates, and monitors all policies, procedures and process controls by recommending and implementing improvements that drive initiatives in the management team and division that contribute to long-term operational and service excellence.
2. Oversees Consumer Credit Card processes.
3. Responsible for reviewing internal and customer facing CPS documentation, training material, contracts, terms and agreements.
4. Serves as primary liaison to compliance, audit, collections and legal in addressing issues pertaining to divisional operations and procedures.
5. Responsible for management of developing and refining written standard procedures, and training programs.
6. Manages core CPS applications (installation, testing, and reviewing new/changes to system).
7. Seeks to prevent and limit consumer credit and commercial credit card losses to the bank through prevention, early detection, and investigative processes.
8. Provides regular updates and presentations to CPS management on department operational initiatives including risk and fraud strategies.
9. Assists CPS Director with conversions/denovos as needed (i.e. project management, contract negotiations, project timeline, etc.)
10. Defines and sets parameters and goals for customer service quality standards and designs processes to automatically capture the relevant data.
11. Develops and manages a team that is prepared to execute on day-to-day operations and organization strategies to achieve goals.
12. Provides courteous and efficient operational support to customers, employees, and member banks in a timely manner, including overseeing timing resolution of client complaints.
13. Monitors audit exceptions, developing and implementing changes as necessary to comply with audit recommendations. Assist with regulatory exam information requests, as needed.
14. Oversees quality control and ensures the integrity and accuracy of CPS practices.
15. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
1. Directly supervises the CPS Analyst roles.
2. Works with Heartland Financials’ recruitment team to hire the most qualified and talented individuals to fill open positions.
3. Provides information and on-going feedback to department staff regarding expectations and performance.
4. Addresses and resolves all performance concerns and issues in a timely manner.
5. Works with department staff on individual professional development.
6. Prepares and conducts annual performance reviews. Completes and submits all forms associated with the review process to the department according to the review process deadline
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s degree or combination of education and experience required.
2. 7- 10 years of experience in financial services, operations or risk management, with at least 2 years in credit cards.
3. Maintain working knowledge of laws and regulations and understand the impact of such rules on bank products, policies and/or processes.
4. Proven experience with ensuring risk mitigation, compliance, and quality control.
5. Skilled in building strong working relationships across diverse groups of internal resources.
6. Demonstrated written communication skills including the ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
7. Demonstrated professional demeanor in a fast-paced environment, with high attention to detail.
8. Demonstrated oral communication skills that includes the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and vendors.
9. Efficient in Microsoft Office products.
10. Strong project management skills.
11. Self-motivated with the ability to work well with others and delegate responsibilities effectively.
12. Must comply with all Banking Regulations including the Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering requirements, Privacy of Customer Information Policy, and all consumer protection laws, regulations, and Bank policies as related to assigned job duties.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Founded in 1981, Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a multi-billion multibank holding company offering uniquely different banking solutions for business and personal clients. Heartland's independent community banks are chartered in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
The Heartland vision is to differentiate itself by highlighting its uniqueness as a commercial banking organization supported by a strong retail delivery system. As one of the top 100 bank holding companies nationwide, Heartland delivers high-quality financial products and service to clients in the Midwestern, Southwestern and Western United States.
Heartland's common stock is traded through the NASDAQ® Global Select Market System under the symbol "HTLF."
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will