Kansas City Kansas Community College
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Kansas City Kansas Community College
|Type:||Adjunct Faculty/ POOL|
|Location:||Any KCKCC location|
|Initial Screening Date:||Pool|
Job title: Clinical Instructor
Division: Health Professions
Reports to: Dean of Health Professions
Position type: Adjunct Faculty/ POOL
FLSA Status: Exempt
Clinical instructor for classes offered in the ADN program or PN program at any location. This is a POOL position. Application materials for this adjunct position are accepted on an on-going basis due to increasing demand for courses in this subject area.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Convene scheduled clinical in accordance with college policy.
- Use instructional methods that emphasize application, cooperation and collaboration and engage students actively in their studies, encouraging them to become independent learners with higher-order thinking skills.
- Organize and explain content using methods which are appropriate to students with differing abilities, levels of preparation, and cultural experiences.
- Assign and provide feedback for out-of-class work; monitor student progress.
- Perform adequate assessment and analysis of assessment according to college requirements.
- Complete all required orientations for the assigned clinical facility.
- Attend required clinical instructor trainings and meetings.
- Complete and submit all required paperwork in accordance with accreditation guidelines.
- Maintain currency in health records and requirements as outlined in the Clinical Nurse Educator Clinical Orientation Manual.
- Reflect on and evaluate the effectiveness of one's own pedagogy.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND/OR EDUCATION:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing required; Must have or be able to obtain Master of Science degree in the field of nursing within Five (5) years.
- Kansas or Missouri licensure required; eligible for Kansas licensure if not currently held.
- Two (2) years of nursing experience.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS AND/OR EDUCATION:
- One year of teaching experience.
- Teaching experience in an open enrollment, urban community college.
- Experience with a Learning Management System such as Blackboard.
- Experience in learner-centered pedagogy.
SALARY RANGE: Based on degree and program placement.
WORK SCHEDULE: Must be able to work a variable schedule/hours to meet operational needs. May require evening and weekend hours. Your appointment is contingent on sufficient enrollments, or on program and scheduling changes.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: As openings for adjunct faculty become available, candidates may be selected from this pool of applicants.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, talk, hear, walk, and sit. While performing the duties of this job, the employee will occasionally push, pull or lift items.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
TO APPLY: Visit WWW.KCKCC.EDU and click on JOBS for a list of available positions.
- Applicants are to thoroughly complete the online application (do not reference resume) and attach the required transcript(s). Unofficial transcripts will be accepted for the application process. If applicable, official transcripts for all the degree(s) awarded must be submitted to Human Resources within 10 days of the first day of employment.
- Three (3) professional references with phone number and email addresses are required.
- College screening committee is responsible for application review and interviews. The final candidate(s) selected to be hired will be made by the hiring supervisor.
- Successful completion of a background check on all persons recommended for employment is required. Individual hiring departments may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions as part of the applicant selection/hiring process.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor. This job description may be revised upon development of other duties and changes in responsibilities.