KVC Health Systems, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at KVC Health Systems, Inc.
KVC Hospitals gives people the hope and help they need to prevent suicide and other mental health crisis. We are opening a new children's psychiatric hospital in Wichita for children ages 6 to 18, and are seeking a Nurse Supervisor to join our team. The Nurse Supervisor will provide proficient, age, specific, developmentally and specialty appropriate nursing care by applying clinical nursing knowledge and skill, and for ensuring the comfort and safety of patients/families in accordance with legal, hospital, practice and policies and procedures, established standards of nursing care and practice, as defined by the Kansas State Board of Nursing, the State of Kansas and KVC Behavioral Healthcare Network.
Salary ranges starts at $72,000 depending on experience.
Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Kansas required. BSN preferred.
- Oversees medical/medication administration services
- Coordinates services/serves as liaison with contract pharmacy
- Reviews and critiques clinical reports
- Oversees Infection Control Champion / Committee
- Ensures consistency across all programs pertaining to compliance with all applicable standards and requireemnts of The Joint Commission, the Kansas Board of Nursing and all other applicable regulatory licensing bodies
- Works with other clinical staff to maintain fedility to our TST model with all nursing staff
- Assures timeliness and quality of reports and documentation
- Ensures that organizational policies and procedures are followed
- Oversees in-service training for staff and ensures the completion of required in-service training hours and other required training
- Assists the attending physician in educating patients and guardians about medication effects and side effects
- Assists in providing accurate information regarding patient progress to the Treatment Team
- Participates in the overall decision-making process of the treatment team for quality patient care
- Supervises special treatment procedures delivered to patients
- Continues growth of the nursing platform within EHR
- SUPERVISOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly supervises nurses and charge nurses in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws
- Responsibilities may include, but not be limited to, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, addressing complaints and resolving problems
- Oversees Nursing appointments, disciplinary actions, discharges and other actions with the Human Resources
- Attends Administrative Review, Medical Executive Management, Performance Improvement, Pharmacy and
- Therapuetics and Safety Management Committees
- Attends organizational meetings and represents KVC at external meetings as assigned
- Consults with other KVC Hospitals and Health System programs as directed
- Displays behavior consistent with the KVC mission and philosophy and represents leadership values
- Creates and supports an environment that supports the development of strategies to promote the recruitment, retention and recognition of excellence
- Serves as an on-call Administrator for staff during emergencies
- Performs other related duties as required
See more career opportunities, learn about our benefits, and discover what it’s like to work at KVC at www.kvc.org/careers.
Each year, we touch the lives of more than 60,000 children and families.
Since our origin in 1970, KVC Health Systems Inc., (KVC) has grown to become a national presence in the field of human services. As a nonprofit corporation and parent company to six subsidiaries, we provide medical and behavioral health care, social services and education to children and families. Currently, we are looking for dedicated and dynamic professionals interested in making a difference to join our team.
At KVC, we are committed to using family-centered, culturally-informed and evidence-based practices to heal children and their families. While we currently provide care to children and families in five states, Kansas, Kentucky, Missouri, Nebraska and West Virginia; each has its own unique set of service offerings. Our vision is to provide leadership in behavioral healthcare, social services and professional education through the provision of service delivery models with proven quality and fiscal accountability. We're proud to offer one of the most extensive networks of child and family services, including foster family care, adoption services, in-home family therapy, outpatient behavioral healthcare, children's psychiatric hospitals, and training and education.
Our employees impact thousands of people's lives daily and are a key to our success. We provide a collaborative work environment, competitive pay and guarantee that no two days will be the same. Interested in impacting the lives of children and families'? Learn about our current opportunities by joining our Talent Network today.
What is Talent Network?
Talent Networks enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.