Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Adult's - Direct Support Professional PRN - Day - Olathe
at Lakemary Center
- 01-Oct-2019 to 31-Dec-2019 (CST)
- Adult Services Days Olathe
- Olathe, KS, USA
Lakemary is hiring a Direct Support Professional (PRN = as needed) for our Adult's Day Service Program.
This is a non-supervisory position and functions under general supervision. The position performs basic support to individuals served who have developmental disabilities. Supports may include physical, social, emotional, and work related needs.
To apply you must be 25+ years of age with an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) to meet standard driving requirements.
Shift: Days Monday through Friday, hours vary
Starting pay: $ 14.00/hour
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Direct Care Experience Preferred
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Utilization of time management skills.
- Ability to interpret, apply and explain applicable rules and regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality of Individuals served and staff.
- Respond to requests and inquiries from others as appropriate.
- Understand and follow instructions (active listening).
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Must possess basic use of the English language and basic math skills.
- Lakemary will provide training in program specific coursework.
- Certifications must be obtained within the first 90 days of employment.
- Current in Mandt, as applicable to program area, CPR, and First Aid certifications.
- Medication administration and/or LMC Drivers Licenses are as applicable to the position.
- Special considerations may include age requirements to meet state agency regulations and/or to meet insurance carrier requirements (i.e. KDOT, KDHE, SRS).
- Driving positions must maintain a good driving record as defined by Transportation Services.
- Be in good standing and have had no formal disciplinary action for the past six months.
- Some environments/shifts require same sex staff
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. EEO