Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Children’s – Behavioral Health Technician – Evening - Paola
at Lakemary Center
- 01-Oct-2019 to 31-Dec-2019 (CST)
- $500 Sign On Bonus (BHT)
- Paola, KS, USA
- Full Time
Lakemary is hiring a Behavioral Health Technician for our Children's Residential Service Program.
This is a non-supervisory position and functions under general supervision. Direct Support Professionals (DSPs) provide supervision and support of children in the residential treatment program during evening and weekend hours in their living environments. This position is responsible for the following:
- Provide supervision of children and adolescents in the residential environment.
- Work with each child's therapist to help the child meet his/her treatment goals.
- Ensure daily routines are followed and provide assistance to children for completing tasks as needed.
- Intervene in crisis situations, including possible physical management of residents, using approved crisis management system.
- Complete daily documentation by the end of shift.
To apply you must be 18+ years of age.
Shift: Evening Shift - 2:00pm-10:00pm Days Vary (includes weekends) When working the weekends hours would be either 7:00am-3:00pm or 2:00pm-10:00pm
Starting pay: $ 13.36/hour
Sign On Bonus $500.00 after completing the 90 Day New Employee Probation Period Successfully
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Experience: Direct Care Experience Preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Utilization of time management skills.
- Ability to interpret, apply and explain applicable rules and regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality of Individuals served and staff.
- Respond to requests and inquiries from others as appropriate.
- Understand and follow instructions (active listening).
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Must possess basic use of the English language and basic math skills.
- Each individual working shall be qualified by temperament, emotional maturity, judgment, and understanding of residents necessary to maintain the health, comfort, safety, and welfare of individuals in psychiatric residential facilities [KDHE PRTF Regulations 28-4-1207(a)]
- Lakemary will provide training in program specific coursework.
- Certifications must be obtained within the first 30 days of employment.
- Current in SCM, as applicable to program area, CPR, and First Aid certifications.
- Medication administration and/or LMC Drivers Licenses are as applicable to the position.
- Special considerations may include age requirements to meet state agency regulations and/or to meet insurance carrier requirements (i.e. KDOT, KDHE, SRS).
- Driving positions must maintain a good driving record as defined by Transportation Services.
- Be in good standing and have had no formal disciplinary action for the past six months.
- Some environments/shifts require same sex staff
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. EEO