Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Children’s – Behavioral Health Technician – Overnight Awake - Paola
at Lakemary Center
- 01-Oct-2019 to 31-Dec-2019 (CST)
- $500 Sign on bonus (OV)
- Paola, KS, USA
- Full Time
Lakemary is hiring a Behavioral Health Technician for our Children's Residential Service Program.
This is a non-supervisory position and functions under general supervision. The position provide supervision and support of children in the residential treatment program during overnight hours in their living environments. This position is responsible for the following:
- Remain awake and provide assistance, as needed, to children throughout the night.
- Having knowledge of each child's treatment plan and implementing therapeutic interventions as necessary.
- Intervene in crisis situations, including possible physical management of residents, using approved crisis management system.
- Completing housekeeping tasks as needed.
- Completing all documentation by the end of shift.
To apply you must be 18+ years of age.
Shift: Overnight Awake Shift 9:30pm-7:30am Days Vary (includes weekends)
Starting pay: $ 13.02/hour
Sign On Bonus $500.00 after completing the 90 Day New Employee Probation Period
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Experience: Direct Care Experience Preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Utilization of time management skills.
- Ability to interpret, apply and explain applicable rules and regulations.
- Maintain confidentiality of Individuals served and staff.
- Respond to requests and inquiries from others as appropriate.
- Understand and follow instructions (active listening).
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Must possess basic use of the English language and basic math skills.
- Each individual working shall be qualified by temperament, emotional maturity, judgment, and understanding of residents necessary to maintain the health, comfort, safety, and welfare of individuals in psychiatric residential facilities [KDHE PRTF Regulations 28-4-1207(a)]
- Lakemary will provide training in program specific coursework.
- Certifications must be obtained within the first 30 days of employment.
- Current in SCM, as applicable to program area, CPR, and First Aid certifications.
- Medication administration and/or LMC Drivers Licenses are as applicable to the position.
- Special considerations may include age requirements to meet state agency regulations and/or to meet insurance carrier requirements (i.e. KDOT, KDHE, SRS).
- Driving positions must maintain a good driving record as defined by Transportation Services.
- Be in good standing and have had no formal disciplinary action for the past six months.
- Some environments/shifts require same sex staff
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. EEO