Leavenworth Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Leavenworth Unified School District
Title: Building Aide
Reports to: Principal
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Health and Inoculation Certificate on file in the central office (after employment offer is made).
- Desire to continue career improvement by enhancing skills and job performance.
Purpose and Objectives of the Position:
The Building Aide assists the instructor in creating a positive learning environment to facilitate
the personal, social, and intellectual development of students. To accomplish these tasks, the
Building Aide works closely with the staff and administration of the district.
- Ability to assist in developing the personal, social, and intellectual development of students.
- Ability to assist in establishing a positive learning environment, and respond to the individual educational needs of students.
- Ability to ensure all activities conform to district guidelines.
- Ability to communicate and work effectively and cooperatively with members of the school district and community.
- Ability to react to change and frequent interruptions in a productive and positive manner, and handle other tasks as assigned.
- Ability to operate all classroom equipment.
- Ability to work to implement the vision and mission of the district.
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
- Must work in noisy and crowded environments, with numerous interruptions.
- Requires stooping, bending, kneeling, reaching, and turning.
- Ability to assist in the instruction and supervision of students.
- Ability to assist students with remedial work.
- Ability to tutor students as directed.
- Ability to assist with small group instruction.
- Ability to monitor student progress.
- Ability to grade papers and assist with record keeping.
- Ability to prepare instructional materials and supplies for use.
- Ability to attend staff meetings and general staff meetings.
- Ability to assist in the maintenance and inventory of materials.
- Ability to work effectively with students, teachers, parents, community agencies, and other groups.
- Ability to implement and follow all school district policies during all activities.
- Ability to keep current on new information, innovative ideas and techniques.
- Ability to keep student information and records confidential.
- Ability to respond to information requests in a cooperative, courteous, and timely manner.
- Ability to implement and follow all district health and safety policies, including all precautions of the Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
- Ability to perform other duties and assume other responsibilities as assigned by the instructor, principal, or other administrative staff.
Term of Employment: At will.
Evaluation: Performance effectiveness will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of Board of Education Policy.
Job Contact Information
Tuesday, September 8, 2020 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)