Leavenworth Unified School District
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Leavenworth Unified School District
Title: Pre-K Aide
Reports to: Assigned Pre-K Teacher, Assistant Principal, Building Principal
Hours: 7:30-4:00pm pm Mon-Fri
- Child Development Associate (CDA certificate) or an A.A. in early childhood education or a related field
- Health and Inoculation Certificate on file in the central office (after employment offer is made).
- Knowledge of the operation of various office machines.
- Desire to continue career improvement by enhancing skills and job performance.
- Ability to work with diverse student learning needs
- Other requirements as set for by KSDE
Purpose and Objectives of the Position:
The Teacher Aide assists the instructor in creating a positive learning environment to facilitate the personal, social, and intellectual development of students. To accomplish these tasks, the Teacher Aide works closely with the staff and building administration.
- Demonstrate strict standards of confidentiality
- Demonstrate punctuality and dependability
- Provide support for students as planned by professional staff
- Follow teamed prescribed procedures, academic, social, communication and behavioral interventions plans
- Communicate and work collaboratively with general education teachers, administrators and other special education service providers/consultants
- Assist students as needed, including mobility and self-help.
- Teaching self responsibility
- Responsibly lifts students or equipment of 40 pounds or more using proper techniques
- Support students in all school environments, including community-based training
- Share in recordkeeping duties, including progress monitoring, as assigned by professional staff
- Seek assistance from other team members as needed to facilitate student progress
- Organize and prepare materials
- Demonstrate problem solving skills
- Participate in professional development and training as required
- Demonstrate attitude that promotes a positive school environment
- Take responsibility for the quality of own work
- Share in school wide duties as assigned and which do not conflict with student time
- Provide short-term coverage for professional and paraeducator peers
- Travel to/from schools as required by the job
- Other duties as assigned
Physical Requirements/Environmental Conditions:
- Requires stooping, bending, kneeling, turning, and reaching.
- Requires prolonged sitting or standing.
- Must occasionally work in noisy and crowded environments, with numerous interruptions.
- Ability to prepare for classroom activities under the supervision of a licensed teacher.
- Ability to work with small groups of students to reinforce material initially introduced by the teacher.
- Ability to assist individual children in need of special attention.
- Ability to perform clerical duties as required.
- Ability to guide independent study, enrichment work, and remedial work set up by the teacher.
- Ability to assist teacher with non-instructional classroom duties, such as snack, toilet, and clothing routines.
- Ability to assist with reading and storytelling.
- Ability to assist in drill work.
- Ability to observe and follow all school district policies at all times.
- Ability to respond to information requests in a cooperative, courteous, and timely manner.
- Ability to keep student and personnel information and records confidential.
- Ability to implement and follow all district health and safety policies, including all precautions of the Bloodborne Pathogens Exposure Control Plan.
- Ability to perform other tasks and assume other responsibilities as directed by the principal or teacher.
Pre-Employment/Yearly Requirements: Employee shall meet all the pre-employment and yearly requirements as specified in the Policies of the Board of Education.
Term of Employment: At will.
Salary: $10.25/hr, based on the USD #453 Salary Schedule
FLSA Status: Non - Exempt; Hourly
Evaluation: Performance effectiveness will be evaluated in accordance with provisions of Board of Education Policy.
Job Contact Information
Friday, October 16, 2020 12:00 AM
(Central Standard Time)