Morrill & Janes Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Construction Loan Assistant Sr.
at Morrill & Janes Bank
Morrill & Janes Bank and Trust growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
The Loan Assistant Senior provides quality and timely administrative support to and assists the Commercial Bankers with the servicing of the construction loan portfolio in accordance with bank guidelines.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Completes entire day-to-day process related to Mortgage Lenders of America (MLOA)
2. Reviews and spreads all construction draw requests. Ensures balance is in accordance with Signature. Troubleshoots and seeks to resolve any issues with draw requests (e.g., missing or duplicative invoices)
3. Assists customers by answering questions, seeking to accommodate customers’ preferred timelines, and resolving document issues.
4. Ensures loan and collateral documentation is imaged and filed in a timely manner in accordance with bank guidelines.
5. Processes monthly loan payments
6. Reviews Sales Contracts, Lot Contracts, floor plans, and loan documents for accuracy and completeness.
7. Develops tracking spreadsheet for each property and "spreads" the associated budgets.
8. Orders and reviews title work and serves as a liaison to Title Companies.
9. Generates appraisal engagement letters and coordinates with appraisers.
10. Calculates loan amounts based on sales contract, budgeted list price or appraisal.
11. Prepares loan packets for closing; prints and tags signature and initial boxes.
12. Orders and reviews settlement statements and prepares disbursements needed for lot closings.
13. Uploads loan documents into the system and completes post-closing process.
14. Once a deal is assigned, completes due diligence within CME
15. Uploads all trailing loan documents in Info-Access to clear exceptions
16. Monitors daily, weekly and monthly reports for maturing and delinquent loans and work with Commercial Bankers, taking appropriate action, as necessary.
17. Monitors and processes exceptions on a regular basis
18. Generates releases for any paid off collateral.
19. Generates payoff statements as requested by the Title Company and/or customer.
20. Works as a team with other employees to complete goals.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. Associate’s Degree in Office Administration, Finance, Accounting, or Business.
2. 3-5 years in banking, Commercial or Residential Real Estate, or Construction lending
3. Broad knowledge of Commercial and Construction lending
4. Knowledge of banking regulations, department operations, policies and procedures, preferred
5. Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Access, and Outlook
6. Excellent customer service skills
7. Ability to read cost estimates and budgets
8. Ability to calculate simple ratios
9. Strong attention to detail
10. Proven time management skills with the ability to independently prioritize tasks
11. Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
12. Knowledge of residential construction process, preferred
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Morrill & Janes Bank and Trust offers you friendly, exceptional service and great banking products. As a customer, you will have the unique opportunity to develop a relationship with banking professionals who really care about you. We take pride in giving our customers the very best banking experience possible.
Our unmatched dedication to customer service is strengthened by our parent company, Heartland Financial USA, Inc. , a multi-billion financial services company that matches our loyalty to the principles of community banking. Our shared values coupled with Heartland's powerful services bring you the personal attention you deserve, backed by the products and services that make Great Things Happen!
Morrill & Janes Bank and Trust's team of leaders is fully committed to serving our clients, employees and community.
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will