Morrill & Janes Bank
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Morrill & Janes Bank
Morrill & Janes Bank and Trust growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"
The Loan Assistant Senior provides quality and timely administrative support to and assists the Commercial Bankers with the servicing of the commercial loan portfolio in accordance with bank guidelines.
1. This position acts as the Lead Loan Ops Contact in banks that do not have Loan Assistant Supervisors. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
a. Represent their bank in all loan operations calls and meetings.
b. Act as their bank’s liaison with Heartland Loan Operations.
c. Responsible for distributing communications from Heartland to appropriate individuals at their banks.
d. Attend the HUG A LOANS annual conference.
e. Conduct informational meetings with loan assistants and, on occasion, Commercial Bankers as deemed necessary.
f. Assist Heartland Loan Operations in training loan assistants.
2. Assists commercial loan customers both in person and via phone calls, taking action on behalf of the Commercial Bankers, when appropriate and within scope of authority.
3. Handles customer accounts including processing loan payments, disbursements and advances, as well as assisting in the monitoring of NSF activity.
4. Manages Commercial Banker’s calendars, schedule appointments, arrange meetings, conferences, facilities, catering and coordinating speakers’ and speaking engagements based on Banker’s needs.
5. Assists Commercial Bankers and Portfolio Managers in obtaining pre-closing documentation.
6. Creates customer contact information in Info Access and import/image preliminary documentation.
7. Ensures loan documentation is imaged in a timely manner in accordance with bank guidelines.
8. Responsible for tracking trailing documents for all commercial loan files, maintenance of loan ticklers for incoming documents and retention of these documents in the applicable file(s).
9. Completes post-closing checklists and perform post-closing tasks.
10. Responsible for filing or recording of collateral documentation to perfect lien.
11. Processes income and expense fees according to procedures.
12. Submits necessary invoices to Accounts Payable contacts.
13. Assists the Commercial Banker in preparation of loan comments.
14. Works with Commercial Bankers and Portfolio Managers to resolve loan documentation issues and clear documentation exceptions within the appropriate time periods, includes pulling exception reports.
15. Follows up with customers to obtain documentation required for the file.
16. Monitors daily, weekly and monthly reports for maturing and delinquent loans and work with Commercial Bankers, taking appropriate action, as necessary.
17. Monitors closed loans report and process paid off loans in accordance with bank procedures.
18. Works jointly with Commercial Bankers on Loans to be Funded and Supervisory LTV reports to obtain data for management reports.
19. Performs cash collateral and stock verifications and process UCC continuations in accordance with bank procedures.
20. Regularly attends and participates in staff and bank meetings as requested.
21. Responsible for distribution of in-coming mail and company correspondence to the department.
1. Associate’s Degree in Administrative Assistant, Finance, Accounting, or Business.
2. 3-5 years banking experience.
3. Broad knowledge and experience of Commercial/Ag lending and banking regulations, department operations, policies and procedures.
4. Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft office
5. Excellent customer service skills
6. Proven time management skills with the ability to independently prioritize tasks
7. Proven ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Time Type:Full time
Morrill & Janes Bank and Trust offers you friendly, exceptional service and great banking products. As a customer, you will have the unique opportunity to develop a relationship with banking professionals who really care about you. We take pride in giving our customers the very best banking experience possible.
Our unmatched dedication to customer service is strengthened by our parent company, Heartland Financial USA, Inc. , a multi-billion financial services company that matches our loyalty to the principles of community banking. Our shared values coupled with Heartland's powerful services bring you the personal attention you deserve, backed by the products and services that make Great Things Happen!
Morrill & Janes Bank and Trust's team of leaders is fully committed to serving our clients, employees and community.
EOE/AA Employer · M/F/Disabled/Vet
Member FDIC · Equal Housing Lender
Employment at Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is employment at will