Northrop Grumman Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Principal Military Trainer-Fires
at Northrop Grumman Corporation
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects?
Northrop Grumman recruits top talent with traditional and non-traditional backgrounds in order to ensure our team is united, connected, skilled, focused and innovative. An inclusive workplace of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives is the key to our performance. At Northrop Grumman, we want our employees to bring their whole self to work. All your different sides are welcome here, as we believe they make our team, our products and our services, that much better.
Collective Trainer and Operations Officer for the Fort Riley, Kansas Mission Training Complex: responsible for facilitating FIRES and Mission Command focused training in order to achieve specific unit training objectives in conjunction with other WfFs for Army battalion, brigade, and division staffs. Assists the unit in the planning and execution of targeting and shaping operations, staff processes, and TTPs. Provide expertise in the development, execution, and assessment of tailored and dynamic simulation stimulated training scenarios and preparatory events. Deliver subject matter expert experience to the training unit on associated Mission Command Information Systems (MCIS) including CPOF, AFATDS, and JADOCS. Have a working knowledge of FIRES specific products such as Annex D and the Fire Support Execution Matrix. Provide over-the-shoulder support to the training unit, from battalion through division level, from the initial planning conference through the final After Action Reviews (AAR). Upon completion of unit training, create, compile and lead an AAR to enhance and improve the Warfighting function capability. Able to perform duties as HICOM and EXCON FIRES OIC employing relevant scripted and dynamic master scenario event list injects in a fluid tactical environment and IAW unit training objectives.
• FIRES subject matter expert with experience at the battalion, brigade and division level. Candidate must have a thorough understanding of FIRES and Mission Command Systems and their inter-dependencies with other warfighting function systems.
• Must possess an active Secret Security clearance.
• Candidate must have the ability to train individuals on the Military Decision Making Process (MDMP), command post functions, and operations.
• Must be capable of conducting IPRs to schedule and tailor unit training and forecast requirements for upcoming progressive events.
• Candidate must have had experience in operations and training requirements at division or higher level; have a background in training management; possess a minimum of ten (10) years of supervisory experience with a BA/BS degree, subject immaterial, 4 additional years of relevant experience may be used in lieu of a degree.
• Candidate must have served as an Operations Officer and or Executive Officer.
CTC Observer Controller and or Small Group Instructor; former service as a BN CDR, primary or deputy division staff officer; Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; Ability to correspond and communicate with senior military leaders, OIF and OEF experience, working knowledge of 6 TOC Functions, and MSEL development.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.