Quest Diagnostics Incorporated
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Tech Forensic Processing I - Lenexa, KS - req8375
at Quest Diagnostics Incorporated
Schedule: Monday thru Friday 4:30pm - 11:30pm. Hours may vary.
To describe the responsibilities of the forensic processor within the Forensic Drug Testing Laboratory. This position reports to the Supervisor, Forensic Processing and is responsible for the routine daily sample processing of the Forensic Toxicology Processing Department. This individual is accountable for all specimen receipt, sorting, data entry and work within the forensic processing department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Has a preliminary but functional understanding of the QTN Lab Information System
- Sort specimens by source (hair, oral fluid, urine, etc) and work list
- Completes Maxilog Data Entry
- Understands and adheres to strict forensic practices
- Capable of processing urine specimens for regulated and non-regulated testing independently
- Adheres to company policies and procedures
- Proficient with scanning/imaging all custody and control forms
- Capable of discarding negative specimens
- Performs flexilog on routine urine specimens at 70 CCF?s per hour
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Supervision Exercised: n/a
- Education Preferred: High School diploma or equivalent
- Prior laboratory experience preferred
Physical and Mental:
- Able to sit or stand for long periods
- Work in a laboratory environment and adhere to safety requirements
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Practical knowledge of computer systems.
- Commitment to Customer Satisfaction
Quest Diagnostics offers the most extensive clinical testing network in the U.S., with laboratories in most major metropolitan areas, & in Mexico, the UK & India. The company also operates four esoteric laboratories, 40 outpatient AP laboratories, & 160 smaller, rapid-response laboratories.
Quest Diagnostics has many career opportunities for individuals whose talent, initiative and dedication will complement our belief that the patient comes first and that values do matter. We work to earn our customers’ trust every day by providing the highest quality diagnostic information services in a professional, accessible and informative way. Our workforce is diverse and talented and believes in our vision: "Empowering Better Health with Diagnostic Insights."
What is a Talent Network?