Schuff Steel Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Schuff Steel Company
- Schuff Steel - Midwest
- Overland Park, KS, USA
- Full Time
Schuff Steel (an affiliate of DBM Global), the largest fabrication & erection company in the US, is looking to hire a Detailing Manager. This position offers high-visibility, growth opportunities, and exciting builds (previous clients include Apple, University of Phoenix Stadium, and Facebook).
Our Employee Value Proposition
Critical to the needs of our Detailing operation, the Detailing Manager will assist in managing the flow of technical information between the Schuff Steel Project Management team, customers, subcontractors, and vendors.
In return, Schuff Steel will offer a competitive market-based salary and comprehensive health insurance benefits. We are committed to professional development and growing our business. We are looking for a professional with a growth mindset who desires a progressive career move for a long-term period.
Key Performance Objectives (not an all-inclusive list of duties/expectations)
- Oversees the daily function of the Detailing operation
- Serve as a direct link between Detailers, Project Managers, and other production departments, customer, other contractors, and Design Team as required
- Reviews design drawings for accuracy and completeness, and coordinates resolution of discrepancies and/or missing information with project management, customers, design team, other trades, detailing, shop, & field
- Works directly with Lead persons to examine the scope of work for each project
- Coordinates project sequencing and basic detailing job setup including advance bills and shop and erection drawings
- Monitors project schedules regarding submittals, approvals, and shop fabrication releases. Works directly with Fabrication, Erection, and Project Management Departments to ensure the timeliness and accuracy of drawings are maintained
- Organize detailing RFI process through formal RFI to customer and informal RFI's with the engineer, architect, and general contractor. Facilitates and fulfills other documentation efforts and duties and as may be required
- Distribute and route drawings. Work closely with Document Control to avoid delays and maintain logs
- Coordinates the detailing efforts of various common subcontractors
- Engages in BIM related activities per project specific requirement
- Trains and instructs appropriate staff employees the standards and codes of structural steel design
- Produces reports and plans to management relating to the progress of each project
At least five (5) years related experience in the coordination of structural steel projects. A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Construction Management or Structural/Civil Engineering may substitute for 3 years of the required experience.
Vast knowledge of fabrication and erection standards and procedures. Firm knowledge of AISC standards and AWS codes. Knowledge and the ability to read and interpret shop and design drawings. Knowledge of 3D modeling / Tekla system REVIT and NAVISWORK or other similar 3D modeling software is preferred.
Schuff Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer with an Affirmative Action Plan
*Recruiters* - Resumes submitted without current/valid vendor agreement will become property of Schuff Steel. Any recruiting/staffing firm or agency wishing to do business with Schuff Steel must contact the Talent Acquisition Department at (602) 687-1699. Recruiting/staffing firms may NOT contact hiring managers directly. Firms that do not honor this request will be removed from consideration.