SECURITY BENEFIT GROUP, inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at SECURITY BENEFIT GROUP, inc.
Future-Proof Your Career – Come Join SE2 as a Software Engineer!
SE2 is one of the fastest growing technology and services companies in the country. Our growth is powered by bright and curious people with a passion for the possible. It’s why we hire, develop and retain exceptional people that thrive in a highly collaborative and fun environment that provides many opportunities for growth and advancement.
This position will require knowledge of building new business services using one of the industry standing ESB development tools. The person needs to have hands on knowledge in SOA and BPM principals with a heavy knowledge in Java J2E development. The person needs to have experience working in a process-oriented agile matrixed environment. The primary responsibility of this position is to create and build new business services to be consumed across the enterprise. The successful candidate should have SOA and Java application development experience and the ability to create new business and technical services for the enterprise.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Platform: .Net, Angular JS, HTML, CSS, Microsoft SQL, CDT
As the integration and middleware developer, you will lead development of creating middleware services to connect to public facing portals through back-end legacy systems. This will include working in an On-Shore/Off-Shore development model.
- Integration, SOA & API Technologies
- SOA Service enabling
- Enterprise API creation
- ESB based Integration and solution development.
- Design and implement the development of multiple interface services to connect both internal and external systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Business or Finance or equivalent work experience.
- 3-4 years’ demonstrated industry work experience or an equivalent combination of related training and experience.
- 3-4 years’ experience with using industry standard MCS development tools, Angular JS, etc.
- 3-4 years’ hands on development experience of SOA services and/or Java J2E development.
- Experience acting in a lead role on software development projects, mentoring team members and working with multi-site locations preferred.
- Awareness of advanced technical concepts (examples: design patterns, SOA, SDLC).
- Knowledge of project management concepts and agile methodologies.
- Experience working in agile delivery teams in complex technology environments is preferred.
- Ability to network effectively across organizations and collaborate on proposed technology solutions with technology and business SMEs.
- Exposure to continuous integration and automation practices to support improved delivery to production.
- Strong foundation of software development processes and procedures.
- Planning and Guidance subject matter expertise is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal, relationship management & facilitation skills.
- Ability to work as part of a cross-functional, global team.
- Critical thinking and effective troubleshooting, Industry knowledge of Insurance and/or Financial Services preferred.
Come join a recognized leader in third-party administration for the US life and annuity insurance industry and experience a fast paced, fun and rewarding work environment. We offer excellent career progression and a competitive compensation and some great benefits, including health/dental insurance, profit sharing, 401(k), incentive/bonus payments, tuition reimbursement, fitness membership, on-site childcare (Topeka location) and more. Visit our website at www.SE2.com for more information. Apply by completing the online application on the careers section of our website. EOE”