tCentral Bank and Trust Co.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at tCentral Bank and Trust Co.
- 16-Nov-2018 to 15-Jan-2019 (CST)
- Hutchinson, KS, USA
- Part Time
Availability - We are currently filling two positions at this location.
M-F 4:00 to 6:00, every Saturday (7:45-12:00)
This position involves a wide range of duties, including paying and receiving transactions as set forth in the Teller Manual. In addition to such transactions, this position is responsible for assisting customers with inquiries and problems. The Teller position requires accuracy and strict adherence to policy and procedures set forth by the bank, as well as strict compliance with state and federal laws. Cross sales of bank products and services are also a duty of this position.
- Operates a teller terminal through which every transaction is recorded.
- Accepts and processes deposits to established accounts. Verifies all currency and coin included in the deposits, as well as verifying endorsements on checks and drafts. This includes but is not limited to: processing face-to-face customer transactions, transactions requested by other departments of the bank, night depository transactions, and bank-by-mail transactions; all in accordance with the established operational procedures.
- Cashes checks, pays checks and pays withdrawals from savings accounts within the parameters set forth by the check cashing policy and established operational procedures.
- Balances the teller terminal totals. Counts coin and currency and processes corresponding entries.
- Accepts and processes payments for all loan types.
- Prepares and verifies coin and currency orders in accordance with the established dual-control operational procedures.
- Buys and sells cash with accuracy, maintaining the established limits set forth for that position.
- Performs customer service duties which include the answering of customer inquiries (i.e. telephone or personal contact) and cross-selling additional bank products and services. Recognizes opportunities to refer prospects to appropriate departments.
- Performs a range of related duties including but not limited to: issuing monetary instruments, gathering and preparing CTR and Monetary Log info, and redeeming US Savings Bonds.
- Accesses safe deposit boxes for/with customers and accepts rental payments, strictly adhering to established operational procedures.
- Adheres to all security-related policy and procedures, including but not limited to opening, closing, handling of vaults and timers, and frequent review of established emergency procedures.
- Buys, sells, verifies and balances vault currency and coin following the established dual-control procedures.
- May order and maintain supplies for teller area.
- Attends training and informational meetings as requested or required by management.
- Performs other duties as time and circumstances permit.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Interact effectively with customers; both internal and external
- Strong time management and prioritizing skills
- Recognize, evaluate and resolve problems
- Write information on various forms and proof entry work
- Stand and or sit for long periods of time
- Access and manipulate data in computer terminal in various programs and formats
- Reconcile general ledger and deposit accounts
- Answer telephone and provide customer service
- Balance cash drawer within established guidelines
- Ability to focus without distraction
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
One- or Two-level office building. Work station in limited access area. Work pace is brisk, especially during peak days of the month. Normal risks associated with banking functions.
One year of college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Central Bank and Trust Co. Statement:
Reasonable accommodation in the application and/or selection process, including materials in an alternative format, will be made for individuals with disabilities upon advance notice to the Human Resources Office.
Central Bank and Trust Co. is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information, or any other legally protected status.