The City of Olathe
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
GIS Tech (Part-time)
at The City of Olathe
The City of Olathe Public Works Department has an immediate opening for a GIS (Geographic Information Systems) Technician to create and maintain departmental GIS spatial and non-spatial data, work involves both in the field and office. As a member of our Strategic Management team you will generate reports, maps, graphs, charts or other output in support of departmental business processes. Analyze GIS spatial and non-spatial data for quality control/quality assurance purposes.
Come make a difference in one of the fastest growing communities in the nation. The GIS Technician is a core member of our Strategic Management team. The goal of our Public Works Department is to provide and maintain safe streets, sidewalks, trails, great-tasting water, and excellent public services. Join us to help "Set the Standard for Excellence". Video: Power of Public Works
- Key Responsibilities
- Researches, creates and maintains GIS spatial and non-spatial data for supported department.
- Researches, creates and maintains CMMS data for supported department.
- Participates in the evaluation of departmental business processes to assist with effective integration of GIS spatial and non-spatial data.
- Provides technical support for all GIS desktop, networked, and web-based production applications.
- Provides first line QA/QC of all departmental GIS spatial data.
- Complete weekly GIS recurring tasks.
- Collects GPS and attribute data outside in the field.
- Process documentation.
- Attend training classes, conferences, and conventions relevant to job duties.
- Read engineering plans and work with public utilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience & Education
Experience: One-year experience with ESRI's geographic information system software; one year of work order/asset management experience required.
Education: B.A. or B.S. in Earth Science or a related field; or a combination of GIS certificate and experience is required. 1-year work order/asset management experience required.
License and Certification: Possession of a valid driver's license with a favorable driving record.
- Supplemental Information
Schedule: Able to work at least 20-29 hours per week. This is a year-round position and eligible for KPERS retirement benefits.
Ability to pass a background investigation, physical exam, and drug screening.
If you are looking for a rewarding career that puts you in the position of helping your community come work for the City of Olathe! The Strategic Management Division supports Public Works and Resource Management and is responsible for asset management, budget and performance measures, project accounting, financial planning, sustainability plan implementation, balanced scorecard reporting, policy/process /procedure integration, best management practices and innovation, service request coordination, data management, mapping and technology integration.