Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Trex Company
Work in a teamwork environment on production floor to meet all safety, quality, housekeeping and production goals. Process Technician role requires multi-skilling up to and including having working knowledge of the following areas/processes: poly sorting and raw material processing, extrusion/intellution computer knowledge, saw and bundle sort/packaging process, fork truck operation, reclaim grinding, shipping and loading process, special operations such as quality labatory, embossing and Artisan product line and special projects as required.
Key Duties and responsibilities:
- Deliver raw materials to the process lines at a rate that allows us to meet our production goals.
- Operate forklift in a safe and efficient manner while handling production material. In addition, to the forklift, operators must also have knowledge on how to safely operate additional equipment such as saws, grinders, strappers and other hand tools etc.
- Operate production-classified machinery appropriately for each type of product movement or job duty.
- Control production line processes (including poly area, raw materials, extrusion, saw/quality check etc.), monitor operations, troubleshoot production issues and make adjustments when necessary.
- Perform quality control checks on product during the production process in order to ensure that product specifications and standards are met.
- Package finish product, then, cover, label and transport units to finished goods yard.
- Perform housekeeping duties to keep plant appearance at an acceptable and safe manner.
- Work in a safe and efficient manner at all times.
- Perform special processes and projects as required by Production Supervisor or Site Manager.
Key Competencies include:
- Effective Communications
- Taking Initiative
- Flexibility to Change
- High school Diploma or GED.
- Must be able to work 12 hour shifts, standing for extended periods of time
- Must be able to be forklift certified, requiring proper vision, hearing and motor skills
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Must be able to wear PPE at all times
- Must be able to work in team environment and communicate well with others
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment with bulk materials, chemical systems or extrusion process or related experience preferred