Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Job Reference #: 18000ESV
Categories: Manufacturing/Production, Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), Management - ALL CATEGORIES
United States-Kansas-New Century-New Century -27080 West 159th
On the 2nd July 2018 Unilever completed the sale of the Spreads Business and it is now under the new ownership of KKR as "Upfield", therefore any successful applicants will be employed by "Upfield Foods" not Unilever. For more details on Upfield, please click here.
New Century, KS
Do you know your Kale from your Quinoa or the difference between a Flexitarian to a Regenerative Grazer? We are looking for top talent for an exciting new movement within the Food Industry.
Upfield is a global leader in plant-based nutrition with a great history and a portfolio of iconic brands that people have used and trusted for generations. This includes Flora, Rama, Becel, Blue Band, Country Crock, I Can’t Believe it’s not Butter and ProActiv.
We are a global food company with 6 business units operating in 95 markets. We have the mind-set of a start-up. This makes us fast, agile, entrepreneurial, cost conscious and accountable for our products - from seed to serving at the breakfast, lunch or dinner table.
We take quality seriously and around the world we taste products every 30 seconds. We take our consumers seriously and more than 150 people will taste test each of our new innovations before they hit the shelves.
The Manufacturing Supervisor is responsible for driving current and future manufacturing performance in the areas of Safety, Productivity, Cost, Quality, Delivery and Morale using Continuous Improvement operating framework. This includes managing the shift crew and manufacturing activities as well as working individually and on teams to identify areas of opportunity to cause beneficial change.
- Main Responsibilities -Safety. Knowledge and understanding of national Safety and Environmental legislation and company policy, systems, and practice relevant to Sourcing Unit and the legal responsibility placed upon individuals. Must actively contribute to the safe working environment, to include full engagement in the Behaviour Based Safety Program.
- Environment. Reduce costs due to waste and minimise impact to health, safety and the environment through working to eliminate waste and through the correct management of waste and hazardous materials. Must actively contribute to an eco-efficient environment.
- Leadership. Encourage the development of a highly effective team through the establishment of a positive team climate supported by authentic leadership and clear communication. Be pro-active and strive to develop the best practices and action plans to deal with work demands.
- Facilitation and Coaching. An ability to facilitate and coach team members to support team performance and increase knowledge of policies, procedures and ways of working.
- Decision Making. Makes governance decisions for the team and adjudicates on unresolved team issues. Sets the strategy for Continuous Improvement and Preventative Maintenance in her/his area guided by loss trends and direction provided by the Sr. Manufacturing Manager.
- Problem Solving. Has the ability to identify, prioritise and address problems using appropriate tools and techniques that eliminate recurrence.
- Quality. Knowledge of product quality and food safety procedures. Become a contributing member of the site Food Safety Team and have full understanding of the site HACCP plan.
- Management. Able to coordinate business resources and apply risk management processes. Keen sense of prioritisation and ability to influence change. Resolve conflicts where identified.
- Administration. Timely and accurate administration for a cluster of teams; including but not limited to team staffing, pay, performance, training and safety.
- Business Awareness. Understand the business needs for change and innovation.
**Can operate on days, off-shifts and weekends as factory requirements demand**
- Plan and manage the day to day allocation of resources (equipment, people, materials and systems) to efficiently, safely and cost effectively achieve performance targets for the designated shift.
- Provide direct supervision of hourly union employees to include: interviewing, training, planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Coach, mentor and develop team members to meet current and future business requirements.
- Driving Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) and Quality culture by protecting employee’s health and safety, ensuring compliance of all regulatory and plant safety rules, meeting legislative requirements, providing instruction in regards to safety procedures and supporting plant EHS and Quality initiatives as required.
- Accountable for the productivity of the site during off-shifts. This requires contacting appropriate resources for issue resolution, providing alternative duties in the event of breakdown or material shortage, monitoring general performance and behaviour of employees, and adjusting crewing or call in replacements as necessary. This requires interfacing with Maintenance, Material Planning, Quality Support, Warehouse and other department supervisors to ensure efficient operation to meet plant goals.
- Utilize Kronos Timekeeping System to maintain weekly record of hours worked, along with explanation of overtime hours worked and ensures hours worked, vacation, personal hours, absences, etc. are correctly documented so employees are paid accurately.
- Regularly cascading and communicating site targets and goals from the Leadership Team to shift crews consistently and accurately.
- Fostering positive employee relations, including properly interpreting and administering the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
- Investigate and identify root cause of Safety, Quality and environmental incidents utilizing World Class Manufacturing (WCM) Root Cause Analysis (RCA) process.
- Comply with all company and plant rules.
- Other duties may be assigned.Qualifications
- Education. 4 year Technical/Engineering or Supply Chain Degree from an accredited institution or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Supervisory or managing part of a Manufacturing operation experience, with a minimum 3 years.
Skills specific to training WCM, SHE, Quality, GMP’s and other plant specific trainings.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to motivate and drive improvement in a union environment
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to influence others.
- Strong interpersonal skills; the ability to build collaborative relationships and networks with multiple and diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to drive change and innovation by gathering knowledge and resources to ensure tasks are completed within timelines to a high degree of accuracy and professionalism.
- Ability to effectively manage conflict while creating an inclusive work environment.Your Personal Power! :-At Upfied we want you to bring your ideas, your motivation and desire to succeed! This part of the role is up to you to complete.Mission StatementAt Upfield our purpose is clearMaking people healthier and happier with great-tasting, healthy and natural plant-based products which are good for our planet!If you are an entrepreneur at heart and have a passion for winning, a strong understanding of the FMCG business, ad would like to join us, apply and speak to one of our Talent Matchmakers!
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!