Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Fulfillment Pharmacy Technician - 2Nd Shift - Overland Park, KS
at UnitedHealth Group
Position DescriptionPosition Description:
You’ve heard this all your life. Trust matters. Being trusted matters a lot. OptumRX, part of Optum and the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, has earned the trust of more than 64 million people who rely on us for the prescription drugs that improve their health and lifestyles. Now, we trust that you can take advantage of some of the best training and tools in the world to help serve our customers and their care providers. In this role, you’ll ensure the accurate fulfillment of prescriptions and help us maintain proper inventory and storage of drugs. In addition to having impact on a great team, you’ll also discover the career opportunities you’d expect from a Fortune 6 leader.
This role is challenging. In our fast-paced environment, your attention to detail and accuracy matter as these prescriptions are critical to our members' health and well-being.
This position is full - time (40 hours / week) Sunday - Thursday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8 - hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 3:00 PM - 12:30 AM CST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends. Our office is located in Overland Park, KS.
- Fulfill prescriptions by reviewing approved computer orders and monitoring shipments or completing the actual disbursement
- Maintain proper inventory and storage of prescription drugs by filling dispensing units and monitoring and adjusting pharmacy equipment
- Perform cycle counting activities and complete order processing
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) or equivalent work experience
- Proficiency with computer and Windows PC applications including ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system application
- Pharmacy Technician licensing and registration as required by state (or ability to obtain licensure within 90 days of employment)
- Ability to work regularly scheduled shifts within our hours of operation including the training period, where lunches and breaks are scheduled, with the flexibility to adjust daily schedule, and work over-time and/or weekends, as needed. Regular hours are Sunday - Thursday with staggered starts during the core shift hours of 3:00 PM - 12:30 AM, CST
- 1+ years of pharmacy / prescription experience
OptumRx is an empowering place for people with the flexibility to help create change. Innovation is part of the job description. And passion for improving the lives of our customers is a motivating factor in everything we do.
If you're ready to talk about groundbreaking interactions, let's talk about what happens when a firm that touches millions of lives decides to gather results from millions of prescriptions every month and analyze their impact. Let's talk about smart, motivated teams. Let's talk about more effective and affordable healthcare solutions. This is caring. This is great chemistry. This is the way to make a difference. We're doing all this, and more, through a greater dedication to our shared values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation and performance. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Key words: healthcare, health care, UnitedHealthcare, UnitedHealth Group, Optum, OptumRX, pharmacy, pharmacy technician, prescription, RX, Pharm Tech, Licensed Pharm Tech, Pharmacy Clerk, Pharm Clerk