USD 305 Salina Public Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Adult Education ABE/GED Instructor
at USD 305 Salina Public Schools
Job Reference #: 3466
Openings as of 10/15/2019
- Adult Education ABE/GED Instructor JobID: 3466
- Position Type:
Adult Education/Support Staff
- Date Posted:
Salina Adult Education Center INSTRUCTOR - ADULT BASIC EDUCATION/GED®/COLLEGE SKILL BUILDING
Salina Unified School District #305
The job of Instructor - Adult Basic Education/GED® is done for the purpose/s of facilitating adult student success in academics, workplace skills, and life skills through implementing program-approved curriculum; documenting student
progress/activities/outcomes; addressing specific educational needs of individual students; and providing a safe and
optimal learning environment.
This job reports to Director - Salina Adult Education Center
•Administers assessments for the purpose of evaluating students’ entry performance level, planning instruction, documenting progress and verifying completion of outcomes. (paper/pencil and computer based assessments)
• Collaborates with school personnel and various community agencies for the purpose of improving the quality of student
outcomes, developing solutions and planning curriculum.
• Models methods required to perform assignments for the purpose of providing an effective school program and
addressing the needs of individual students.
• Directs students, volunteers, etc. for the purpose of maximizing their efficiency, meeting requirements and providing
• Facilitates adult student learning through identification, documentation and accommodation of special learning problems, for the purpose of meeting the needs of individual students.
• Implements defined courses of study for the purpose of improving student success in academics, workplace
skills and life skills.
• Uses appropriate English communication for the purpose of developing students’ ability to communicate effectively
using the English language.
• Monitors student behavior for the purpose of providing for the safety and welfare of students, providing an optimal
learning environment and adhering to district, KBOR, and program policies.
• Prepares teaching materials and related reports (e.g. assessment scores, attendance, anecdotal records, etc.) for the
purpose of implementing study plans and documenting student attendance and progress.
• Protects student confidentiality for the purpose of maintaining program compliance with department,
district and KBOR policy.
• Provides feedback and information to students and program administration for the purpose of motivating students, facilitating program improvement and documenting outcomes for funding.
• Participates in various initiatives as assigned to improve instructional and programmatic environment for students for the purpose of improving the Salina Adult Education program.
• Understands content standards based instruction and demonstrates ability to write lesson plans incorporating standards and multi-level activities for numerous levels of adult learning for the purpose of meeting program requirements
• Demonstrates high level technology skills including Microsoft Office programs, email functions and learning software and platforms for the purpose of creating lesson content and documenting program activities.
• Fosters employment and college focused relationships and experiences for students to expand opportunities beyond the classroom for the purpose of enhancing student achievement.
• Supports and understands outcomes based funding system for the purpose ensuring program needs and objectives are obtained.
• Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
• Participates in professional development and meetings for the purpose of gaining knowledge and exchanging
• Attends staff development meetings for the purpose of gaining knowledge and growth.
Job Requirements: Skills, Knowledge and Abilities (Minimum Qualifications)
Specific skills required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: applying assessment instruments;
preparing and maintaining accurate records; and applying instructional strategies appropriate for adults.
Specific knowledge required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job includes:
Writing: mastery of grammar, punctuation, spelling, composition
Math: mastery of high school level mathematics including 1) operations & algebraic thinking, 2) ratio & proportional reasoning, 3) data & statistics, 4) measurement & geometry and 5) algebra.
Specific abilities required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: establishing and maintaining
constructive relationships; motivating, mentoring and empowering adult learners; communicating with diverse groups; maintaining confidentiality; and working as part of a team.
Technical skills including working knowledge of computers. Must be able to operate computers, telephone systems, and other office and classroom equipment.
Bachelor’s Degree Required, Master’s Degree Preferred
Pre-employment Drug Screening
Testing Certificates & Licenses
Continuing Educ. / Training
Criminal Justice Background Investigation
Exempt Non Scheduled
This position works a split shift between morning and evening.