USD 506 Labette County
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
MVW- PreK Teacher
at USD 506 Labette County
USD 506 Labette County
Job Posting for the 2019-20 School Year
POSITION TITLE: PreSchool Teacher
SCHOOL: Meadow View Grade School
SALARY RANGE: Full Time Teacher Contract as per the Negotiated Agreement available online at http://www.usd506.org/vnews/display.v/SEC/Faculty%20%26%20Staff%7CNegotiated %20Agreement
CONTRACT LENGTH: Initial contract shall be for the 2019-20 school year
POSITION SUMMARY: The professional elementary teacher is a highly qualified educator endorsed in the assigned teaching area with unique qualifications and skills to create a flexible language arts program and a class environment favorable to the learning and personal growth of all students. This position requires a highly qualified individual capable of establishing effective rapport with students so as to effectively motivate students to develop skills, attitudes and knowledge needed to provide a solid language foundation during their elementary years in accordance with each student’s ability. One who will act in the best interest of every child to establish good relationships with parents and other staff members that can impact the quality of the educational experience for all students.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Building Principal
- Demonstrate effective planning including the use of district curriculum, appropriate instructional objectives, effective teaching practices, and student assessment.
- Implement lesson plans that actively engage students and provide for the individual needs of students through the use of a variety of appropriate teaching models or strategies and techniques.
- Provide for individual student differences through appropriate lesson design, interventions, and extended learning opportunities.
- Provide for clear and purposeful student evaluation as the basis for instruction and reporting progress.
- Provide positive motivational experiences to communicate high expectations for student learning that conveys belief in all students’ ability to learn.
- Consistent use of effective classroom management techniques that promote high standards for student performance, positive peer interactions and appropriate social behaviors.
- Communicate effectively in a clear, explicit manner so as to exhibit respect for students, colleagues, administration, parents, community members, and other key stakeholders.
- Work cooperatively with other school personnel to meet the needs of students and their families.
- Willingness to actively support students in their endeavors beyond the classroom through involvement in student organizations and athletic teams.
- Stays informed of and adhere to Board approved policies and regulations while using appropriate channels for resolving concerns and problems.
- Strive to continually improve your teaching knowledge and job performance through the use of approved professional activities and staff development opportunities.
- Maintain open lines of communication with administrative personnel keeping them informed of issues potentially requiring their attention.
- Perform other duties, as deemed appropriate, by the Principal.
- Willingness to assume coaching responsibilities is highly desirable
- Must hold a valid Kansas school teaching license or qualify for and receive the initial teaching license1 at the appropriate grade level and/or in the assigned subject matter. (K-6 Elementary or Early Childhood.)
- Be flexible, positive, and proactive in the ability to manage multiple assignments.
- The ability to effectively communicate (verbally, electronically and in writing) with students, faculty, administration, and parents.
Applications are available online at https://www.usd506.org. The completed application packet should include a completed application, letter of interest, resume, and proof of teacher certification or documentation of eligibility for a restricted teaching license1.
CLOSING DATE: Until filled
Chris Kastler, Meadow View Principal
1The restricted teaching license is an alternative pathway that is intended to respond to school districts’ needs in hiring qualified, licensed teachers. It is designed to recruit mid-career professionals who have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a content area they want to teach and who are seeking a career change. This pathway provides an opportunity for these individuals to have immediate access to start teaching under the restricted license while completing professional education pedagogy course work to become fully licensed. Information at http://www.ksde.org/Default.aspx?tabid=320
It is the policy of Labette County Unified School District No. 506 to follow employment practices which consider only qualifications of the applicant for a position, without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, disability, ancestry, or national origin.
Job Contact Information
Wednesday, May 15, 2019 12:00 AM -
Monday, September 2, 2019 11:59 PM
(Central Standard Time)