Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Accounting/Finance Functional IT Implementation Project Lead
at Velocity Staff
- # Positions
Velocity Staff, Inc. is working with our Kansas City area based IT Solutions Organization to identify (for contract for hire OR PERM PLACEMENT) a talented Accounting and Finance professional with demonstrated experience and acumen for applicable systems and processes to work hands on with technical project leadership in support of ERP (NetSuite) Implementation Projects. The right candidate would support multiple projects through deep Accounting and Finance knowledge, process development and improvement expertise and passion for/understanding of the systems that support critical financial processes that support business operations. The right candidate would provide occasional end client site visits throughout the project lifecycle (primary clients at this time are within the midwest region), but travel would be limited. Typical project engagements involve remote implementation support with occasional site visits to the end client. Some preference for local Kansas City area based candidates, but the opportunity to work remote from home is available for senior level candidates with a proven track record of success. This role will work in concert with technical leads, business stakeholders and operations team members to assure project success.
- Lead and mange functional process development, implementation and management as it relates to ERP NetSuite implementation projects (primarily Physical Supply Chain and Distribution as well as Accounting and Finance initiatives.)
- Support and assist in the monitoring of project schedule: process development/management, user adoption and training activities and milestones. Prioritize work to achieve the best outcomes.
- Help define project scope, goals and deliverables: Work with Project Management and Technical Operations Leads to gather and understand requirements from each area to implement ERP functionalities and process.
- Drive internal and external process improvements across multiple teams and functions.
- Ensure customer satisfaction.
- Identify and manage business processes and assist in transformation, implementation and adoption where necessary.
- Centralize and manage implementation, training and adoption issues and related escalations until resolution.
- Monitor progress: Report project status and progress, by identifying/resolving deviations to the plan.
- Manage reports and necessary documentation.
- Proven experience as a Controller, Auditor or other senior level accounting and finance professional with experience working with functional business processes and strategies related to NetSuite or other ERP solution (Sage, Microsoft Dynamics, Infor) – a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Knowledge of ERP Net Suite (Oracle) (desirable).
- Ability to recognize opportunities for process improvement, develop strong workflows, build relationships that foster process adoption and build trust/rapport quickly.
- Theoretical and practical project management knowledge.
- Strong Business Process knowledge, business process improvement and management expertise.
- Strong interpersonal skills, relationship-building, and experience working in a collaborative environment with diverse cross-functional teams.
- Proactive in taking ownership of projects and issues.
- Critical thinking and problem solving.
- Excellent decision-making, communication and negotiation skills.
- Capability to manage several projects and areas.