Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Data Analyst
at Velocity Staff
- # Positions
Velocity Staff is working with our client located in Overland Park, KS to identify a Senior level Data Analyst to join their team. This is a long term (3+ year) contract based opportunity located onsite with the client's Data Management team. The right candidate will be dynamic with the ability to work with complex data project needs. He/She will be responsible for working with IT architects and project teams to translate business requirements into data model designs, creating data mappings, performing data analysis, and ensuring data quality that enable the strategic information objectives of the company. You will work as part of one of the most talented Data Management teams in the country and with one of the Best Places to Work in IT according to ComputerWorld Magazine. The environment includes cutting edge technology, tools and methodologies and fosters continued learning and growth opportunity. Strong business acumen, in combination with solid technical skills, will assure success in this role.
- Create new and edit existing logical and physical models, XML, file formats - using ER/Studio, XML Spy or other equivalent enterprise tools.
- Identify, analyze and profile data sources.
- Create standard SQL to query, update, insert, and delete data. Creates Stored Procedures.
- Work with business and technical teams toward solution. The ability to extract and document data requirements to fulfill business need or requirement.
- Promote and apply client enterprise architecture best practices and standards at a project, program and department level.
- Adhere to best practice and data governance standards. This includes the use of the toolset provided by the enterprise.
- Ensure the use of industry and internal data standards and internal enterprise data services.
- SQL Server SQL skills. Nice to have would also be TSQL.
- ER/Studio data modeling tool. Use of one of the other data modeling tools would suffice.
- EDW skills. This would include dimensional modeling (and familiarity with type 1, type 2, type 3 dimensions, etc.) Data capture and cleansing techniques.
- Ability to design mapping documents to direct the ETL team in their coding efforts.
- OLTP Modeling Skills.
- Experience with XML preferred but no required.
- Experience with MDM or Data Governance preferred but not required.
- Experience with facilitating JAD sessions.
- Ability to work with Business analysts and requirements documents and transfer requirements into data designs.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, Visio and other Microsoft office tools.
- Experience with Sharepoint.