Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Support Specialist
at Velocity Staff
- # Positions
Velocity Staff, Inc. is working with our client located in Kansas City, KS to identify a Technical Support Specialist to join their Support Services team on a 6-month contract for hire opportunity. The Technical Support Specialist will be responsible for providing first-level technical support of computer software and hardware products and services and respond to and diagnose problems through discussions with users.
- Resolve basic to moderately complex problems while referring more complex problems to senior level technicians.
- Assist users inquiring how to use specific software, electronic mail, or operating systems.
- Use existing processes and tools (e.g., problem management database and help desk systems) to proactively support office staff and equipment.
- This position will handle calls as their primary duties as well as work tickets and may be asked to help with projects.
- Perform troubleshooting, repairs, and deployment of Windows 7 and 10 as well as some Apple products.
- Perform troubleshooting on mobile devices, iPhone/iPad and Android.
- Perform troubleshooting on Network Printer and Multifunctional Devices.
- Perform troubleshooting on Microsoft Office Products.
- Work daily with internal customers via phone, and email, with the occasional walk ups.
- Accurately record all work and troubleshooting in tickets in ServiceNow Ticketing system.
- Maintain positive, professional attitude at all times.
- Other duties may be assigned as required.
Education and Experience
- Associate’s Degree in related field of study.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of hands on professional experience in MS Windows environment handling Level 1 calls with experience handling desktop and laptop break/fix support in a corporate environment.
- Experience using and troubleshooting MS Office (O365) products.
- Experience using ticketing systems, ServiceNow preferred.
- Experience managing and troubleshooting Windows 7 and 10 workstations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Able to demonstrate superior customer service skills.
- Able to communicate and translate complex technical topics into easy to understand concepts.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to clearly document technical processes.
- Able to proficiently manage and troubleshoot Microsoft desktop operating systems.
- Able to ask directed and logical questions to determine problem causation and follow documented processes to a successful resolution.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory Users and Comp.
- Working knowledge of Apple products including iPhone, iPad and Mac Computers.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.