Waddell and Reed
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Quality Assurance Analyst
at Waddell and Reed
The Advisor Platform Management (APM) team has accountability for the business strategy and management of Waddell & Reed, Inc (WRI) advisor facing technology initiatives. This team will support growth and efficiency within the advisor channel, and ensure tools support stakeholder needs and are in line with overall company vision. This team will determine the strategic roadmap, prioritize activities and opportunities, manage 3rd party relationships, and ensure enhancements and other changes are implemented successfully. APM team will deliver results and set priorities in a fast paced and ever changing environment.
This role is responsible for leading the quality assurance efforts for all applications that support the Broker Dealer. These efforts would include: ongoing projects, new projects, scheduled application releases & ad hoc ‘patch’ releases. Sr. Quality Assurance Associate will work closely with the business and technical teams and is a major contributor to the project deliverable. This role will also be responsible for the testing lifecycle and will report out testing status to the various stakeholders throughout the organization.
- Leads quality assurance efforts for all applications within the Broker Dealer across a variety of scenarios, including: projects, scheduled application releases & ad hoc ‘patch’ releases
- Create and maintain test documentation, including test plan, new and regression test scripts, defects reports and test results
- Execute test responsibilities with minimal supervision, including test plan creation, test execution, defects reporting, debugging the defects and test results reporting
- Provide testing estimates and participate in project planning
- Work with APM and vendor on defect resolution
- Coordinate UAT testing with various business groups as necessary
- Learn new tools & technology to support test execution
- Ensuring a positive end user experience for supported applications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or IT
- 2+ years of experience working in Quality Assurance
- 2+ years of experience in Excel(Advanced), HP Quality Center, and MS Project
- Previous experience in mutual funds or financial industry preferred.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills. In particular, a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels internally and externally as needed.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to think strategically.
- Expert ability to work independently and manage one's time.
- Ability to think in a forward manner to determine future impacts and steps.
- Ability to change direction quickly based on project or business needs. Professional and functional agility.