Waddell and Reed
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Business Process Design Analyst
at Waddell and Reed
The Business Process Design Analyst, will work under the direction of the Business Process Design Director with departments across Waddell & Reed utilizing process improvement methodologies to design optimized processes, workflows and data workflows, in conjunction with business owners. The Business Process Design Analyst, will work with the Smart Forms team to design Smart Forms to support the straight through processing capabilities of the W&R systems. The Business Process Design Analyst will work with the Business Process Design Director to proactively identify and initiate transformation in order to create an exceptional client experience for Advisors, influence key stakeholders in various business processes to ensure compliance with processes and procedures and to influence change where required.
- Design the standardized processes to support effective and efficient business processes.
- Work with the Forms EE’s to design Smart Forms to enable effective utilization of the new business processes.
- Develop KPI’s to ensure established goals are met and process improvements are sustained and measurable
- Regularly engage with the business to maintain ongoing and in-depth understanding of the business processes and any adjustments needed to meet changing business needs.
- Workflow Processes –
- Redesign - Assess processes to determine process and tool gaps, how to reduce handoffs, rework, drive greater quality, and improve efficiency. Establish a change control mechanism with the business process owners for all changes to business processes
- Mapping – Map interdependencies and handoffs between departments. Design these for minimal handoffs and back and forth between departments.
- Documentation – Document all new processes, interdependencies and handoffs.
- Maintenance – Maintain all documented processes and ensure processes remain current and relevant. Re-design processes as needed on an ongoing basis.
- 5+ years of experience in process improvement, quality and analysis.
- Advanced project management skills with the ability to develop, execute, and manage multiple initiatives and projects.
- Experience with process mapping and diagram software.
- Process / Control Documentation experience
- Experience with process enhancement initiatives and/or working in a transformational environment.
- Experience of automating Business Processes
- Workflow Tools experience
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions and implement change.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Demonstrated ability to identify key issues, gather and analyze data from multiple sources, formulate hypotheses and develop actionable recommendations.
- Demonstrates professional judgment and excellent communication (oral, written, interpersonal) and presentation skills.
- Strong ability to lead process improvement activities.
- Proficient with desktop applications (MS Office). Familiarity with Vizio and workflow related software.
- Proven ability to influence business leaders and staff at all levels within an organization
- Experience with Six Sigma Lean methodologies preferred, but not required
- Insurance or financial services industry experience
- Financial services expertise, preference given to candidates with Broker Dealer expertise
- Experience with compliance and/or OSJ