Waddell and Reed
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Quality Assurance Analyst
at Waddell and Reed
The Business Administration Platform (BAP) team has accountability for the delivery of the business strategy and management of Waddell & Reed, Inc (WRI) core business applications. The department is responsible for executing on the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance, and enhancement of BAP applications. The Sr. Quality Assurance Associate is responsible for leading the quality assurance efforts for BAP applications. Quality Assurance efforts would cross multiple applications, new and existing, that will be undergoing continuous improvements such as new integrations and system functionality. This role will also be responsible for the testing lifecycle and will report testing status to appropriate stakeholders in business, IT, and outside vendors.
- Lead quality assurance efforts for all applications within BAP across a variety of scenarios, including: projects, scheduled application releases and ad hoc ‘patch’ releases.
- Create and maintain test documentation, including test plans, new and regression test scripts, defects reports and test results.
- Work with other members of the BAP team to track and maintain defects and enhancements logs for systems. Meet with the department management team and IT partners to periodically review logs.
- Coordinate UAT testing with various stakeholders as necessary and assist with user questions that arise.
- Execute test responsibilities with minimal supervision, including test plan creation, test execution, defects reporting, debugging the defects and test results reporting.
- Provide testing estimates and participate in project planning.
- Partner with IT and outside vendors on defect resolution, escalating when necessary.
- Learn new tools and technology to support test execution as needed.
- Ensure a positive end user experience for supported applications.
- Relevant work experience within the financial services industry preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or IT.
- 5+ years of experience working in Quality Assurance required.
- 2+ years of experience in Excel (Advanced), HP Quality Center, and MS Project ideal.
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills. In particular, a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate technical and business issues and solutions to multiple organizational levels internally and externally as needed.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills; ability to think strategically.
- Must be able to work independently and manage one's time.
- The ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds and come together to achieve a positive result.
- Be forward thinking to determine future impacts and steps.
- Ability to change direction quickly based on project or business needs. Professional and functional agility.